Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

They are ridiculously easy to fit, the rails just attach to the cupboard sides with double sided tape. They are a great design and use genuine VW drawers (same as the existing cutlery drawer).

See the video for fitting instructions

They are quite expensive - £330 (at least I think so), and I considered making my own but in the end these ones fit well and look correct in the van.

Bought from the club shop with the VIP discount...."buy once, cry once"...;-)

How are they fixed to your roof please? Bonded?
Heavy duty velcro and removable with a warm heat gun, sounds daft but works brilliantly. I did a fair bit of experimentation with diffrent methods but this worked out the best. Didnt want anything that raised the roof hieght.

You've probably discussed this in another thread, but how have you routed the supply cable to the batteries?
Have you tested your velcro fixings in a wind tunnel replicating speeds of 80+ m.p.h.?

You've probably discussed this in another thread, but how have you routed the supply cable to the batteries?
Have you tested your velcro fixings in a wind tunnel replicating speeds of 80+ m.p.h.?
Not routed yet but guessing down the back of the wardrobe, and ill let you know when they fall off…

Newbies so starting from scratch

Today we received …
Levelling chocks
Pop top bellows bungee
Hook up cable
Hook up adapter (for home)
Rail load anchor (for dog)
Collapsible Colander

The outstanding list is long , but it’s all very exciting

Today we received …
Levelling chocks
Pop top bellows bungee
Hook up cable
Collapsible Colander

Ha ha - we started slow too, but that soon changed!
I’m sure you will have researched this, but I would not advise fitting the bungee to the pop top. We got one ahead of getting the van, and it could have been a contributing factor in pulling the roof canvas away from the van in one corner. The roof canvas folds perfectly without it.
:Iamsorry.

Today we received …
Levelling chocks
Pop top bellows bungee
Hook up cable
Collapsible Colander

The list is endless..! I'm just totting up what we've bought in the last few weeks since we got the Cali (and not counting all the stuff we bought while waiting for it - 15 months..!) its at around £1500..!

Just a thought, you mention the pop-top bellows bungee. In our two weeks experience of owning the Cali, I don't think you'll need the bungee. The pop-top folds very well on its own, there are some stiffeners in the sides that pull in when it comes down. I have heard that a bungee may pull the pop-top away from its mounting points in the roof, so tread with caution.

The rest of your list is a good start, but it wont end there..;-)

Today we received …
Levelling chocks
Pop top bellows bungee
Hook up cable
Collapsible Colander

I have a long list too. Better should start now buying stuff. Even if the cali has not been orderd yet.

Ha ha - we started slow too, but that soon changed!
I’m sure you will have researched this, but I would not advise fitting the bungee to the pop top. We got one ahead of getting the van, and it could have been a contributing factor in pulling the roof canvas away from the van in one corner. The roof canvas folds perfectly without it.
:Iamsorry.
Ok thanks for the tip . I will research the bungee some more.

Only added it to our list as the “try before we buy” rental van had one and said it was to avoid the canvass being caught and ripped

Cali ownership is definitely one big learning curve

The list is endless..! I'm just totting up what we've bought in the last few weeks since we got the Cali (and not counting all the stuff we bought while waiting for it - 15 months..!) its at around £1500..!

Just a thought, you mention the pop-top bellows bungee. In our two weeks experience of owning the Cali, I don't think you'll need the bungee. The pop-top folds very well on its own, there are some stiffeners in the sides that pull in when it comes down. I have heard that a bungee may pull the pop-top away from its mounting points in the roof, so tread with caution.

The rest of your list is a good start, but it wont end there..;-)
Ok 2nd immediate reply on the bungee, so I will hold off.

Only added it to our list as the “try before we buy” rental van had one and said it was to avoid the canvass being caught and ripped

Here’s a thread to look at…

To be honest I can understand a rental van having a bungee fitted, to protect against the less careful users. It used to be more of an issue on older models, but I think the only failure mode on the newer canvas would be a strong cross wind bellowing out the canvas. We have eyes on the canvas each time we lower it, just to be sure.

Back