Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Agree. There are basically 2 problems with Disposable Barbecues . People using them placing them directly on grass, thus burning the grass, and disposing of them .

It wouldn't be too difficult building small plinths, even a flagstone , for use for Disposable Barbecues , and educating people to use them and eventually fining them for not using them. Also providing a proper disposal point to place the whole barbecue in, even when hot, a fire-proof container, or , as mentioned, gas powered barbecues with a card/app gas meter in parks etc:.

d0a15d2c6194ce4142410176db921697.jpg

Just bring charcoal. A bin for rubbish and a bin for ashes. The ashes bin would be vulnerable to theft around here, but the principle is sound.

Arrived this morning...for £12 cracking bit of bespoke kit and only the size of a closed hand
In case there are a few head scratchers...small neat funnel for water tank that fits exactly and large bore means easy fast flow transfer whether its from a container, bucket, water bottle or hose.

IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

Arrived this morning...for £12 cracking bit of bespoke kit and only the size of a closed hand
In case there are a few head scratchers...small neat funnel for water tank that fits exactly and large bore means easy fast flow transfer whether its from a container, bucket, water bottle or hose.

View attachment 109593

View attachment 109594

View attachment 109595
Well done. Been using mine for a couple of years now, really convenient, even though I have the Grand Cali now, still helpful for top ups.

Snap, got mine a couple of weeks ago.

IMG-20230605-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Brandrup water filler set with hose and hanger which was expensive and in my opinion not very good. The plastic foldable carrier split after only a year of gentle use. So with the help of this lovely boutique piece of kit I can invest in a better water carrier and get all the water in the van not over my feet! I can’t quite remember where I first saw it, facebook maybe? Thanks to Paul and Chrissy for their great product and speedy delivery
View attachment 109061
Wonderfull, nice design. But I will not buy/ use it because in my opinion this is how to get debris into the water tank. I stick to the yerrycan with tube, though it spills some water during the filling of the tank , there is no risk anything else but water goes into the tank. At least I would put a seeve into the exit of the funnel.

Greenwich Council have been putting up signs in all their parks (not Greenwich Park as that is a royal park), saying “No BBQ’s” [sic].

It leaves me wondering where people who live in flats, and have no access to a private outdoor area can enjoy a BBQ with friends.

In north London, I have seen parks with dedicated BBQ areas. What a simple idea.
Spain also have dedicated BBQ areas with the BbQ ready build but if there is a very dry spell it is also forbidden there too. You can not be too careful. Better to have a picnic with friends than risk a fire.

Not strictly camping gear but ordered a standup paddle board from Costco today £199

Though I did order a outdoor revolution self inflating mattress from the club shop the other day, and another set of Amazon basics packing cubes, ( now have 4 colours ) oh and a carrista!

I did the funnel and cord thing but ditched it for the 3d printed one. Much smaller to pack away and in my opinion less hassle to use.
Sounds good, might swap when the funnel fails.

Fitted front window deflectors and front and rear mudflaps today - £51 delivered from Travelinlite which I thought was a bit of a bargain.

Last edited:
Fitted front window deflectors and front and rear mudflaps today - £51 delivered from Travelinlite which Inthought was a bit of a bargain.
How easy were the mud flaps to fit? It’s my next to do item. I have seen that some kits need to be trimmed?

How easy were the mud flaps to fit? It’s my next to do item. I have seen that some kits need to be trimmed?
Fitting could not be easier. - no trimming required - and no drilling. One bolt for the front mudguards and two for the rear. Extra bolts and fixings included if you feel they are also needed and are happy to drill, however I am more than happy that mine will not flap about or work loose/fall off. Turning the front wheels lock to lock gives better access for the fronts, no issue at all with access for the rears.

Not strictly camping gear but ordered a standup paddle board from Costco today £199

Though I did order an outdoor revolution self inflating mattress from the club shop the other day, and another set of Amazon basics packing cubes, ( now have 4 colours ) oh and a carrista!
There must be a market for an integrated paddle board/mattress think of the space saving. ☺️

Fitting could not be easier. - no trimming required - and no drilling. One bolt for the front mudguards and two for the rear. Extra bolts and fixings included if you feel they are also needed and are happy to drill, however I am more than happy that mine will not flap about or work loose/fall off. Turning the front wheels lock to lock gives better access for the fronts, no issue at all with access for the rears.

Thank you, I have ordered a set

heat-it-insect-bite-healer-zapper.jpg
I've been meaning to post this for a while... Heat It "insect bite healer". It fits on a keyring and plugs into a smart phone. I got bitten to hell on the beach over the weekend and this provided relief. Mine work with an iPhone but there is an Android one too.

Back