Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Just as an FYI, for any GC owners, I contacted the guy on eBay and he also does them for the GC. He is going to message me more details when he is back from holiday.
Update - was informed that V1 should fit the GC….mine arrived today and seems to fit well!

Second-hand Brandrup Isolite Outdoor insulation screen (man, you notice the effect immediately) and new Decathlon key safe :cool:
IMG_8539.jpeg

Last edited:
367dd48b-ddc6-453c-85a8-6490c9474f61.jpeg
bacf87f9-3dcf-4ce4-8d39-01ec5b8d2a7d.jpeg
Whole front end, inc headlights, A pillar, front wings, mirror casing PPF’d and a 5 year ceramic coat by the amazingly talented detailed by Dale.
It’s in Atherstone, they had the California for 4 days.
If you need a quote, give him a call !

What wheels have you had fitted

Isolite outside cover, looked at the Oxford cloth ones on Amazon which were half price but decided they didn't look like great fits and would be buy cheap buy twice

this fits great!

isolite.jpg

Isolite outside cover, looked at the Oxford cloth ones on Amazon which were half price but decided they didn't look like great fits and would be buy cheap buy twice

this fits great!

View attachment 112252
I thought my garage roof was close but no where as close as yours. Do you have a door on it? I had to modify the entrance to mine to get the van in but have an electric door which goes over the van when open. Had to be electric as I would not have reached to open and close it. I am impressed with your parking.

We've just bought a USB light and bug killer, plus a new water carrier (after the other one broke). Exciting times!

I thought we might have to get a new screen cover after a weekend camping in Wales just now. During the middle of the night, we heard this almighty rip and didn't realise what had happened until it was light. The cover had blown halfway off, despite it being secured by a closed front door!!! My god, the wind!! It was like the end of days in Bala on Saturday.

We've not been very lucky with the weather this summer, have we!

We've just bought a USB light and bug killer, plus a new water carrier (after the other one broke). Exciting times!

I thought we might have to get a new screen cover after a weekend camping in Wales just now. During the middle of the night, we heard this almighty rip and didn't realise what had happened until it was light. The cover had blown halfway off, despite it being secured by a closed front door!!! My god, the wind!! It was like the end of days in Bala on Saturday.

We've not been very lucky with the weather this summer, have we!
Thumbs up for the bug killer/light, they work really well. We have a couple of those bought for Scotland trips in 2021/22. Needed them both in Kielder Forest recently when the dreaded midges gatecrashed the van.

I thought my garage roof was close but no where as close as yours. Do you have a door on it? I had to modify the entrance to mine to get the van in but have an electric door which goes over the van when open. Had to be electric as I would not have reached to open and close it. I am impressed with your parking.
I think there is about 5cm space when I drive in the garage! It has an electric door (closed in the picture) and when we moved in I had to reset the limits on it as I couldn't get my old van in (a Renault Trafic which was about 10cm taller than the VW).

Garages in Luxembourg are HUGE and tiled with radiators, I can fit our Golf estate in as well (although don't), it certainly makes packing the van up for trips a lot easier!

We invested in new "Koni Special Active" shocks for the front and rear as well as H&R Anti Roll bars all fitted by CRS Performance in Cannock.

Boy what a difference they make to the handling & comfort compared to the original OEM fitment.

The other half has done most of driving (>1000km) since the fitting took place and she is astonished at the transformation (especially body roll and comfort over road joints).

Excellent advice from Steve, and fitting by CRS Performance in Cannock.

We invested in new "Koni Special Active" shocks for the front and rear as well as H&R Anti Roll bars all fitted by CRS Performance in Cannock.

Boy what a difference they make to the handling & comfort compared to the original OEM fitment.

The other half has done most of driving (>1000km) since the fitting took place and she is astonished at the transformation (especially body roll and comfort over road joints).

Excellent advice from Steve, and fitting by CRS Performance in Cannock.
I’m intrigued!

I’m not a fast driver, these days life is a journey not a destination and I’m in no rush to get where I’m going.

Perhaps as a consequence I’ve never really noticed the ride handling on our T6.1. We journeyed to Croatia and Portugal and it’s been absolutely great, or so I thought.

I wonder what difference it would make to our Cali journeys if I popped to see Steve at CRS and got him to do the same for us?

My prejudice is that it’s something you do to a car if you like driving more dynamically. Mainly as suspension is talked about a lot on GTi and TT forums. I’m probably wrong here.

Last edited:
I’m intrigued!

I’m not a fast driver, these days life is a journey not a destination and I’m in no rush to get where I’m going.

Perhaps as a consequence I’ve never really noticed the ride handling on our T6.1. We journeyed to Croatia and Portugal and it’s been absolutely great, or so I thought.

I wonder what difference it would make to our Cali journeys if I popped to see Steve at CRS and got him to do the same for us?

My prejudice is that it’s something you do to a car if you like driving more dynamically. Mainly as suspension is talked about a lot on GTi and TT forums. I’m probably wrong here.
No you’re probably right. For me it just firmed stuff up a bit and stopped the wallowing.

I recently came back from a weekend in the New Forest and I was surprised how it did drive nicer on twisty country roads. I don’t tend to think about such things in the California either - I just traded in my Golf Gti for and EV that I enjoy driving carefully - but it makes a difference. I wouldn’t personally call it a transformation.

I’m intrigued!

Hi LTL,
Obviously, its all very subjective, we live in quite a rural part of France (Massif Central) with quite twisty and hilly roads, and we just weren’t happy with the overall handling/comfort compromise, even compared to our previous T6 Cali.
If you been around Croatia and Portugal and you found it absolutely great, then you really shouldn’t ask yourself the question, maybe our Cali had a bum set of shocks

Bought some type 2 to T13/23 adapters so my friend and I can charge our leisure batteries from any AC EV charger at 16A.

fd301c1953e19a8b0382658339c4a01c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back