Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

We are collecting our Cali on Saturday. Ordered a rear bumper protector, some window wind deflectors and a 2 piece wooden chopping board set to go over the hob. Lots still to buy. Does anyone make a wooden chopping board that fits over the sink?

I’d like to know that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are collecting our Cali on Saturday. Ordered a rear bumper protector, some window wind deflectors and a 2 piece wooden chopping board set to go over the hob. Lots still to buy. Does anyone make a wooden chopping board that fits over the sink?
I don’t think I have seen a 2 piece wooden chopping board that fits over the job? I love buying accessories for my future Cali (it helps to while away the months until it arrives).... would be interested in knowing where you got it from and how you get on with it.

I don’t think I have seen a 2 piece wooden chopping board that fits over the job? I love buying accessories for my future Cali (it helps to while away the months until it arrives).... would be interested in knowing where you got it from and how you get on with it.
Will let you know when we get it. You can never have too many chopping boards. Thinking also can you get a wooden one for the cutlery drawer. Forgot to add that I've also ordered a Rainbowscreens windscreen cover with eyes and a number plate that relates to the family and the new California.

Reimo Cali Tischmax

Expensive but very well made and makes the table useable for our family of 5

Similar idea but cheaper and one piece.
IMG_1279.jpg

@dripster I like that one too and the price - and looked at it before buying Reimo - but it’s quite a bit smaller (75x99cm versus 80x120cm) so wouldn’t be large enough for us as family of 5

A Conqueco espresso machine, after watching a few YouTube videos, and tiny Roberts DAB radio. The sound is amazing.

View attachment 113274
Snap, I purchased the self same m/c a month or so back. I bought the ground coffee adaptor with it. I use a grinder and espresso at home. So pre grind for this little unit.
you can get many coffee’s if you can use pre warmed water. The battery lasts ages.

Last edited:
Snap, I purchased the self same m/c a month or so back. I bought the ground coffee adaptor with it. I use a grinder and espresso at home. So pre grind for this little unit.
you can get many coffee’s of you can use pre warmed water. The battery lasts ages.
Brilliant! When you use pre warmed water do you still use the hot water button or cold?

Not to my knowledge but the Forum Shop sells a Nylon chopping board that fits over the sink bowl and can be stored there when travelling. Very useful.

Brilliant! When you use pre warmed water do you still use the hot water button or cold?
I use the top button for correct heat as it will bring the warmed water up to the required temp before extraction. I never put boiled water direct in as it could be too hot for the coffee grinds.
I have only used the bottom button to rinse cooler water thru.

I have been tempted by one of these table extensions too but I am wondering if actually a second table would not be more convenient. There is plenty very compact tables that are way cheaper than these and I think might be more versatile (eg to put the bbq on or to have a separate place for kids to play or do homework etc). Curious to hear from your experience

I have been tempted by one of these table extensions too but I am wondering if actually a second table would not be more convenient. There is plenty very compact tables that are way cheaper than these and I think might be more versatile (eg to put the bbq on or to have a separate place for kids to play or do homework etc). Curious to hear from your experience
We have a small table as well which we use depending on the trip. it's like this but a different make:
fur2049.jpg

We've had this since our tent days, so didn't buy it especially, just continued to make use of it. If we take this we usually leave it set up outside, pop the stools under the table when we go off for the day. This works well but takes up space when packed in the boot as it's not the smallest. We usually stand it up between the three-seat bench and the multiflex, along with the packed shelf unit that we use. That's for long stays when we take the awning.

For shorter stays (long weekends) the door table plus the extended top works fine, we probably only have breakfasts and maybe a BBQ then, eat out a couple of times, so preparation and cooking is less of an issue.

So you're right in that a second table lets you split activities, but for short stays we don't worry about that.

We have another one of the sliding door tables, pretty space efficient with the legs folded & fits across the boot or on the bed deck. We bought V cheap off ebay as a leg needed refixing. As it was bought principally as something to cook on outside I wasn't too worried about the aesthetics & it now has visible screw heads from various repairs on the top.

Strictly speaking we bought these collapsible Vango chairs at the October NEC show. We’ve just found a good storage option when travelling with a full boot.

IMG_4904.jpeg

IMG_4905.jpeg

IMG_4906.jpeg

Back