Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I brought the same recently but went for black insert on the bumper protector and the grey cap for the mirror knob. My cap would not stick properly so gave up on that, but really pleased with the bumper protector

Hi, mine is the black insert on the bumper protector too, it might be the lovely sunshine we’ve had today making it appear like the stainless variant. Had to go for the white for fear of too much silver. Only put it on today so we shall see if it stays on, in saying that I had a blue cap on my 5.1 Cali and it stayed on for the couple of years I owned it.

I think it must be an optical illusion. Just measured my low ones (i.e not the ones for the Landrover) and they are 280mm.

Big no no to work under a jack.

Both, however, are okay. Hence I did one side at a time. Not many locations for axle stands under the Cali. I'm 99% sure I used the suspension arms but didn't fully load the axle stand. Enough to take some weight and compress the suspension a little but not the whole weight of the rear quarter. Plus my jack is 3t so oversized for the job.

Hi,
Would you be able to post an image of where you placed the axle stands please. I also am going to use a 3 tonne jack and stands and just want to make sure it's safe and not damaging anything.

Much appreciated

I use the storage cube upside down and just slip it over the Porta Potti, placing the lid on top of the upturned base. Easy access.
You could sit the loo in the lid to catch splooshes from over enthusiastic flushing....:shocked

Hi, mine is the black insert on the bumper protector too, it might be the lovely sunshine we’ve had today making it appear like the stainless variant. Had to go for the white for fear of too much silver. Only put it on today so we shall see if it stays on, in saying that I had a blue cap on my 5.1 Cali and it stayed on for the couple of years I owned it.
I can see now that it is the one with the black inserts - they really do shine in the sun! I like these much better than the standard black and it will look great on your van.

but I
Hi,
Would you be able to post an image of where you placed the axle stands please. I also am going to use a 3 tonne jack and stands and just want to make sure it's safe and not damaging anything.

Much appreciated

I'm afraid, not possible. The jack is straight forward. Metal reinforcing in front of the rear wheel. The axle stand was, like where do I place this. Ideally, it needs to go on the jacking point, but the jack is there! So only the suspension arm. I think there's a raised hole and I put it on the downward slope of this (not going under the van!). Not ideal, but I weighted the axle stand, allowing the suspension to compress. Therefore 2 point support for stability and safety. Dont take the jack out. I wouldnt want to point load all the quarter on the suspension arm

A pricey wireless CarPlay dongle as part of the solution to the poorly placed USB on basic dash models. (USB moved to stupidly small lower glove compartment.) Setup of CPlay2Air dead easy. Working perfectly at the moment.

bf2afd289ac22bb5c32314c19096fa28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pricey wireless CarPlay dongle as part of the solution to the poorly placed USB on basic dash models. (USB moved to stupidly small lower glove compartment.) Setup of CPlay2Air dead easy. Working perfectly at the moment.

bf2afd289ac22bb5c32314c19096fa28.jpg

$ Ouch $

Clever stuff though, love CarPlay

$ Ouch $

Clever stuff though, love CarPlay

I pressed the Buy It Now button with my eyes shut and promised to not drive it for a month to recoup the money in petrol money.

I pressed the Buy It Now button with my eyes shut and promised to not drive it for a month to recoup the money in petrol money.

Feel that CarPlay
Drive it everyday!
Get your money’s worth

Nice. Is the sticker designed to be removable like vinyl or will it be a right pain to restore to original surface?

No idea, but not too worried about removing it as for us it’s an improvement on the standard table finish.

Will post when I have got it and tried it!

Geyser arrived. Tried it tonight. Absolutely brilliant. 100% recommended. Game changer - quiet, quick hot water in a box for washing up or a shower by the van.

I bought a fire extinguisher, fire blanket, first aid kit, hook up cable bag and I've just ordered an external thermal windscreen cover.

Have now bowed to the inevitablity of closed Bathroom facilities on sites for some time to come, I have just invested in a Large Luxury Aqua Dome Tent off E Bay. Been looking around for a bit & the half decent Toilet/Shower tents seem to be going out of stock rapidly. I am not to keen on the Pop-up Toilet/Shower Tents, hence my choice. It is a little larger than the norm, and I figure could also use it for cooking, extra storage space etc. Got to be worth a punt for £38. Anybody got one, is it any good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073JMXFV4/?tag=eliteelect-21
In the 25 litre size.
Have now bowed to the inevitablity of closed Bathroom facilities on sites for some time to come, I have just invested in a Large Luxury Aqua Dome Tent off E Bay. Been looking around for a bit & the half decent Toilet/Shower tents seem to be going out of stock rapidly. I am not to keen on the Pop-up Toilet/Shower Tents, hence my choice. It is a little larger than the norm, and I figure could also use it for cooking, extra storage space etc. Got to be worth a punt for £38. Anybody got one, is it any good?

That does look good. I have just bought an Olpro toilet tent, trug to use as a shower tray and this

The idea is to use the bucket for warm water, a submersible shower and stand in the trug!!!

In the 25 litre size.

That does look good. I have just bought an Olpro toilet tent, trug to use as a shower tray and this

The idea is to use the bucket for warm water, a submersible shower and stand in the trug!!!

In the 25 litre size.

I haven't got around to looking for shower options yet. (just had to look up what a trug is. I have about 6 of these I use in the Garden but had no idea what they were called. Always learn something new on this site. I will pinch that idea LOL. We do have a Driveaway awning but a bit of a faff driving off site & back, so hoping this tent is better solution. Will let you know what it's like on arrival.

It is a 35litre shallow trug and as the bucket is 25litres it shouldn’t overflow!!
this gives the general idea

E0336058-968A-4D33-A463-27919C9638AA.jpeg

And the tent in all its glory! I can now get it back in the bag!!!
View attachment 60038
Gillian, If you can consistantly get it back in the bag, I congratulate you. I am obviously too impatient. You have once agin inspired me with your chair, even more than the trug idea, please enlighten me, where to look for this, I want one. Ha Ha. I can just see me boiling the kettle for Our Polly while she washes her hair sat on the throne. Ha Ha!

Gillian, If you can consistantly get it back in the bag, I congratulate you. I am obviously too impatient. You have once agin inspired me with your chair, even more than the trug idea, please enlighten me, where to look for this, I want one. Ha Ha. I can just see me boiling the kettle for Our Polly while she washes her hair sat on the throne. Ha Ha!

:D:D:D:D Oh dear - I don't think that my 'helpful' suggestions will go down very well with your OH!!!!
This is the best video to watch for putting the tent down...

As for the throne - it is a bog in a bag (picture shows it without middle section) - much favoured by many on this forum.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004Y00STK/?tag=eliteelect-21

:D:D:D:D Oh dear - I don't think that my 'helpful' suggestions will go down very well with your OH!!!!
This is the best video to watch for putting the tent down...

As for the throne - it is a bog in a bag (picture shows it without middle section) - much favoured by many on this forum.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004Y00STK/?tag=eliteelect-21
Wow Gillian,
What a brilliant time saving idea, dump & a shower in one visit. I'm tempted to say you've pulled it out the bag again, but, maybe not!

Back