Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I think there's a set in the for sale section

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
An expensive few weeks.
Best value is window tinting for the habitation windows for £180 to rid the van of the goldfish bowl look
View attachment 54049
I picked up a couple of well priced new items on ebay with their 15% (occasionally 20%) off offers....
So a brand new T5 VW bike rack on ebay for £466 delivered
And a set of varta leisure batteries for £340

Then I took advantage of the club shop offer to but a Isotop roof liner for just under £400 and a washing up bowl which was the worst value at £19!
The expense continues....
A set of correct 'period' alloys for £120 (a borrowed photo below)
Screenshot_20200109_172523_com.android.chrome.jpg
And a set of 235x55x17 michelin Cross climate suv tyres, £511 fitted with all the bits at kwik fit.

R

RSMarco

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
T6.1 Rear Lights :cool:
Very nice, I do like the new style lights.
Are these a straight swap if you have the original LED rear lights or with them being full LED do you have to modify in any way?

Loz

Loz

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Very nice, I do like the new style lights.
Are these a straight swap if you have the original LED rear lights or with them being full LED do you have to modify in any way?
They are a straight swap but need a small modification with the addition of a resistor across the turn signal wires otherwise you get a fast flash of the repeaters on the instrument console.

R

RSMarco

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
They are a straight swap but need a small modification with the addition of a resistor across the turn signal wires otherwise you get a fast flash of the repeaters on the instrument console.
Thanks for the information.
Are the reversing lights better on these compared to the LED versions on the T6?

Much appreciated,
Mark

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We managed without one for 140 nights, and if we'd followed your advice and not bought a 12 volt kettle, we'd probably still be fine without one now.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
We used a collapsible electric kettle this year and it ment our gas lasted the two months no problem, normally we have to get a refill when we are away in Europe for the summer.

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We are planning our first Alpine ski trip in the van, 3 weeks in March so to reduce condensation an external thermal screen cover, hook up splitter in case we have to share a hook up, a Kampa Cube ceramic heater that we can leave on low during the day and night, and finally after 5 years of ownership a bellows bungee.

Last year we bought a collapsible kettle and a small microwave we found both very useful and saved a lot on gas usage, it's amazing how many kettles you can boil in a day.

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

T5.1 Beach 140
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
And I guess I was right

Trevor Brown

Trevor Brown

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Have you drilled into back of rear seat in order to attach ladder for storage ?
No, I haven't actually used it in earnest yet!!
I have purchased, and put in position, and tried out, but never been away in the camper using it.
I don't imagine I will secure it that way, as I'm not sure that it wouldn't impact undesirably on how I use the rear storage area. I will test it out and keep you posted.