Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Can anybody advise the available height between a pull out tray and the underside of the rear shelf?

Hi @McGoogly, we like them a !ot. To be honest they will never be as comfortable as a reclining chair but we always expected that before we got them. We have also got the inflatable Helinox cushions which are a great addition. They are extremely lightweight and pack away nice and small. We are currently on a 6 week trip around the Greek Islands (without the van) and have them with us. We've had a few people ask about them, especially those laying uncomfortably on towels. So, more than comfortable around the van, smal! enough that they don't get in the way and light enough to carry around.
That’s great to hear, thank you. Hope you’re having a great holiday you lucky bugger!

Did you order it from DE? How long was delivery if you did?
Yes ordered from Germany on Thursday last week and delivered to me yesterday (Sunday) by DPD. Heavy items but very well packaged so no damage. Also all the metal components are covered in protective film, so brilliantly shiny when peeled off. Have now ordered a Caliboard (shelf) and a set of drawers from them (yesterday) and have had an email confirming collection by the courier already. Great service.

Anyone with the Inka waterproof seat covers will sympathise
f3e8170cd3766603a0b51bd28f0851d3.jpg
20305c417aa6339c64afcf0d98ec1c42.jpg
39d5578e423932593c54f2fd410e6565.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bought a Caliboard (shelf in other words). Full length of Cali Ocean kitchen. Maybe useful storage and when cooking in the van but you obviously can’t leave anything on it when driving and you have to remove any tall items when lowering the upper bed/roof.
32390906-F99C-48A1-8915-7DCD4D623915.jpeg

2AD68502-50D0-47E2-B3BF-29E212FCEFAC.jpeg2AD68502-50D0-47E2-B3BF-29E212FCEFAC.jpegB0340608-0028-4A9C-865D-212B4CB543A0.jpeg7F9C0BF1-68EC-431C-BBB5-DAFD6B3BA41D.jpeg

After cancelling our Scottish Trip this year due to lockdown have just bought an OS map for our October trip to South Wales and the Valleys. - that was a waste of money :(

Bought a Caliboard (shelf in other words). Full length of Cali Ocean kitchen. Maybe useful storage and when cooking in the van but you obviously can’t leave anything on it when driving and you have to remove any tall items when lowering the upper bed/roof.
View attachment 66787

Do you mind if I tell you how to spend your own money?
I would suggest you wait until you have the Cali, as otherwise you'll end up buying a lot of stuff you won't actually use.
i know the temptation is strong, but it is only using the Cali for a while that you realise what you really need and what not

View attachment 66787
Just as a matter of interest GGD, and absolutely no negative vibes intended, but how many individual items have you bought for your Cali before getting delivery of the van itself? Must confess, I’ve bought a few myself, but it seems you are going for the record!!

The sliding tray I bought from Calicap.de arrived today. 710mm deep and full width to fit the T6.1 with lounge function bed. It’s a great bit of engineering and I can’t wait to fit it (once my Ocean arrives).View attachment 66603
you recommend then? I have been dithering over it.... My van has just landed on UK soil so may take the plunge...

Can anybody advise the available height between a pull out tray and the underside of the rear shelf?
Hi GG. As far as I can see you don't yet have an answer to your question. These two photos should help. The striped box is a 335 Porta-Potty. It just goes in under the mesh shelf on its lowest setting.
Hope this helps.
IMG_4673.JPGIMG_4674.JPG

View attachment 66787

View attachment 66789View attachment 66789View attachment 66790View attachment 66791

Different site but I have seen a suggestion on how to store smaller items on a shelf whilst in transit and this might be of use to you, just scroll down the page and it shows pictures of small boxes stuck down with velcro dots:

BFBB4023-E1B8-4E4C-9C92-656688E0631A.jpeg

Need to be careful with that dimension GG will have a T6.1 with a different board there. I think it is mounted at the same height but don't know if any of the recline mechanism hangs below the board.

Just as a matter of interest GGD, and absolutely no negative vibes intended, but how many individual items have you bought for your Cali before getting delivery of the van itself? Must confess, I’ve bought a few myself, but it seems you are going for the record!!
:) Gone a bit silly maybe, my shed is full :) Most is kit I know I will definitely need - hook up cable, spare safe, portapotti, slide out tray, set of kitchen drawers, Caliboard shelf, and a few bits and bobs. Something to do whilst waiting for the van and spreads the cost over several months. If the van doesn’t turn up I’ll be having an eBayfest !! Once I’ve got it, I plan to get solar once I’ve decided on fixed or portable, and an Atera tow bar bike rack once they’re back in stock.

Need to be careful with that dimension GG will have a T6.1 with a different board there. I think it is mounted at the same height but don't know if any of the recline mechanism hangs below the board.
Good point thanks. Not a real problem at the moment, was just browsing Eurocrate sizes. Won’t buy any until I have the van.

Do you mind if I tell you how to spend your own money?
I would suggest you wait until you have the Cali, as otherwise you'll end up buying a lot of stuff you won't actually use.
i know the temptation is strong, but it is only using the Cali for a while that you realise what you really need and what not
Good advice, but most of what I’ve bought I know I’ll need. Some are essentials. Thanks for the thought though.

I just realised that your Cali will be a 6.1. Mine is a 6.
I assume the dimensions are the same.
I reckon they will, just the depth of 710mm that’s different. Still won’t buy my crates until I have the van. Cheers Mike

Back