Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Hi there, do you have any link to the site where you ordered them from? I like the look of those and for the same reasons as you they seem better than the official VW ones. Many thanks. Ant
Look for
VW TRANSPORTER T6 TAILGATE FRONT+REAR 2015-2020 MUD FLAPS SET Set Of 4 5* Review
Set of 4 | Front + Rear | TAILGATE | UK STOCK
£35 for a set of 4

Towsure visit today.
Yellowstone fuel bottle, Milenco grip mats and small fold up snow shovel. And removed horrible plastic covering on wood floorDE932CDC-16E2-4CF7-BBCC-B3BAECDC7F84.jpegE837D23F-C5F2-4CAD-827F-20D59FCC9DB3.jpeg

Bought a SPARE WHEEL BRACE - not very exciting :)

Our T5 has the 18" Dakar wheels and no spare (just the compressor + goo).
Friend had a spare steel 16" wheel to give us (in exchange for a long term golf bat set loan).
So needed a spare wheel brace +bolts.

£50 incl delivery, new from E M Parts.

Just hope I never have to use it.
I have a big sheet of polythene handy as you seem to have to lie on the ground to get to it.
You realise a 16" wheel won't fit over the brakes on a 180? you need a 17" spare.

New rear shocks, springs & spring cups. Massively improved ride and no more saggy back end.
6209A405-122B-49B0-B8DF-003E058AA6EF.jpeg

I don’t know anybody who likes a saggy rear end :thumb;) Looks great ! What springs / shocks ?
Tried to keep as close to OEM as possible so some SACHS shocks and eibach T32 spec springs, equivalent to VW 3 grey stripes.
Has massively reduced “crashiness” on rough roads and no more bouncing down the road after a big bump.
Am contemplating the front shocks but looks a much more complicated job and I’m pretty happy with ride now so don’t feel it’s worth spending on taking it to the garage.

The protective film was scratched from 2 months of rental use, so was a real PIA to remove as it didnt want to come off in a nice smooth motion like it did from under the bench seat.
So loading area and foot fall area was a real pain.
But the wood underneath is absolutely perfect!

Drawer boxes.jpgCalicap 71cm hatch boot drawer, plus perfectly fitting storage boxes. Chuffed to bits - expensive, but the quality of the drawer is excellent - easy to fit (and to remove if you want), and the boxes - well, spent an hour in the local DIY store, measuring everything and eventually came up with this solution - exactly 71cm front to back for the large foldeable boxes, and the two small ones also perfect fit, and allow perfect space to fit the warning triangle / gillet jaunes kit, plus tie down kit, pegs and mallet. Really getting into this space optimisation lark!

All the boxes look great and are size perfect. I would also be looking at a 710mm tray. So are the boxes named so that I Can source ?

All the boxes look great and are size perfect. I would also be looking at a 710mm tray. So are the boxes named so that I Can source ?
View attachment 68530Calicap 71cm hatch boot drawer, plus perfectly fitting storage boxes. Chuffed to bits - expensive, but the quality of the drawer is excellent - easy to fit (and to remove if you want), and the boxes - well, spent an hour in the local DIY store, measuring everything and eventually came up with this solution - exactly 71cm front to back for the large foldeable boxes, and the two small ones also perfect fit, and allow perfect space to fit the warning triangle / gillet jaunes kit, plus tie down kit, pegs and mallet. Really getting into this space optimisation lark!
I’ve got the 710 Calicap tray for my soon to arrive Ocean. As you say expensive but superb quality. I went for the full width version though as I don’t need the ‘through load’ space.

Not sure how useful this will be for you, since I am in Luxembourg. Bought the boxes in Globus. The large ones are Klappbox 32l https://www.globus-baumarkt.de/detail/index/sArticle/16855/fs/530675822 and the small ones are Sunware Aufbewahrungsbox Sigma Home 13 l https://www.globus-baumarkt.de/detail/index/sArticle/16901/fs/257713340

Last edited:
I’ve got the 710 Calicap tray for my soon to arrive Ocean. As you say expensive but superb quality. I went for the full width version though as I don’t need the ‘through load’ space.
I need the load through space for the long golf clubs! Actually a good solution, since the levelling ramps also fit perfectly in the space to the left of the bench seat, leaving enough room for at least 6 driver / fairway wood handles, with heads facing to the back of the van, and then also room for two pairs of golf shoes. All very carefully planned!:)

Also not exciting but useful. Got 4 piece insulated window set from seller on eBay.

Be interested to know how you get on fitting that. The one above the kitchen could do with replacing on mine but I couldn't get it out because of the kitchen & trim panels.
I have taken it out once. It's a bit fiddly, but it works. Just pry the underside out, and then it should get out.
Maybe I give it a go tomorrow when it's still dry. They are predicting rain on SUNday, so, it will be a good test for the new part.
At first glance, the seal feels a bit thicker, and the guiding pins at the front are now of metal, instead of plastic that wears out, giving the window too much play in the sliders.

Anyone interested in a leaking sliding window? Left side.

IMG_20201028_124136.jpg

IMG_20201028_124229.jpg

That would be the tray for me also. Full width and 710 deep to max the space in the living room. I have gone the route of 2nd draw under bench seat to aid the cooking rather than keep the space for long items. Noticed the van essa bag on the rhs in the light colour scheme seems to match the back nicely.

Be interested to know how you get on fitting that. The one above the kitchen could do with replacing on mine but I couldn't get it out because of the kitchen & trim panels.

The protective film was scratched from 2 months of rental use, so was a real PIA to remove as it didnt want to come off in a nice smooth motion like it did from under the bench seat.
So loading area and foot fall area was a real pain.
But the wood underneath is absolutely perfect!
I'd be keen to learn more about this 'protective' film, as I was really keen on speccing this flooring option. Can I ask what your thoughts on this are? Do you think the film was just in place for shipping and was always meant to be removed at some stage to reveal the 'real' product beneath. Or do you get the feeling that you have now been forced to remove this film to breath another life into the floor but now have reduced protection and despite looking lovely now, could deteriorate further & sooner. It looks lovely but would be loathed to spend the £500 if it is far easier marked than the standard floor. Would be keen to know your thoughts. Thanks.

Back