Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Look so good - can you tell us more about what the product is , where you bought it and how it was to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The product was bought at the recent NEC show from Campervantastic. The link to the product is here:
https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...essories/khyam-vanlite-led-light-pack-249620/
If the link doesn't work, type the company name into Google and then search the site by Brand 'Kyham'.
The unit comes with a remote control key fob with dimmer function and does come with good instructions.
I'm glad saw one fitted in the flesh gave me a bit of confidence. In all it took me about 3 hours because I cleaned the awning cassette first, and took my time throughout. I'm sure someone with better hands could do it quicker.
The lions share of the time was actually wiring it into the rear offside reading light, although it comes with lots of wire and a 12v plug to use the 12v outlet in the boot area.
Wiring it into the reading light was fiddly because I had to use Scotch Lock Clips (not supplied) and the length of the VW wiring is tight so its proper fiddly. I did blow one 10a fuse for the internal lighting circuit. I would have liked to solder but I'm just not that good at it.
The only thing you have to live with is the (albeit) clear power lead which basically is fed inside via the tailgate rubber seal. I can take a couple of pictures if you want tomorrow.

The product was bought at the recent NEC show from Campervantastic. The link to the product is here:
If the link doesn't work, type the company name into Google and then search the site by Brand 'Kyham'.
The unit comes with a remote control key fob with dimmer function and does come with good instructions.
I'm glad saw one fitted in the flesh gave me a bit of confidence. In all it took me about 3 hours because I cleaned the awning cassette first, and took my time throughout. I'm sure someone with better hands could do it quicker.
The lions share of the time was actually wiring it into the rear offside reading light, although it comes with lots of wire and a 12v plug to use the 12v outlet in the boot area.
Wiring it into the reading light was fiddly because I had to use Scotch Lock Clips (not supplied) and the length of the VW wiring is tight so its proper fiddly. I did blow one 10a fuse for the internal lighting circuit. I would have liked to solder but I'm just not that good at it.
The only thing you have to live with is the (albeit) clear power lead which basically is fed inside via the tailgate rubber seal. I can take a couple of pictures if you want tomorrow.
Now only £55!!

Vanstyle currently appear to have a sale on which may be of use to those with time on their hands and looking for accessories to fit.
They are selling through Ebay. Bought a few parts over time and quality good, some parts same as VW supply.
Got a discounted rear bumper protector.

20200317_140102.jpg
Triple socket adaptor and Bandrup twin storage pouches (ones for rear wardrobe without shower connection as the ones for the front side of kitchen are too high with the 3 gang socket adaptor) for housing chargers and cables. Made a massive difference not having a 4 gang 13 amp extension lead lying on the floor.

Ooh!. Where did you get the Triple socket adaptor from please? That's ideal for hook-up

Ooh!. Where did you get the Triple socket adaptor from please? That's ideal for hook-up
It's from Amazon Pro Lec 3 gang socket adaptor.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001KMR5QO/?tag=eliteelect-21

They have a newer version that has 2 sockets and 2 USB sockets, but for us we use our 13 amp fast chargers for our phones and the USB sockets on most of these adaptors are normally pretty weak.

I stuck some thicker heavy duty velcro strips (the felt/loop side only not the hook side of the velcro) to the back of the adaptor as it had a tiny gap behind when plugged into the socket in the side of the Cali kitchen unit.

It's from Amazon Pro Lec 3 gang socket adaptor.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001KMR5QO/?tag=eliteelect-21

They have a newer version that has 2 sockets and 2 USB sockets, but for us we use our 13 amp fast chargers for our phones and the USB sockets on most of these adaptors are normally pretty weak.

I stuck some thicker heavy duty velcro strips (the felt/loop side only not the hook side of the velcro) to the back of the adaptor as it had a tiny gap behind when plugged into the socket in the side of the Cali kitchen unit.

Also with this left plugged in it doesn't affect how far back you can have the kitchen side passenger (or driver if left hand drive) seat position when it's facing forward.

Look so good - can you tell us more about what the product is , where you bought it and how it was to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's a link to my installation thread.
please note, my first attempt included wrongly wiring through the roof drain outlet and was ammended. :oops::headbang

The MSCIEN thingy has quite a few bad reviews for causing fires lol
That's exactly what put me off most of the others on Amazon. I don'twant the thing to start a fire while I am away from the van or worse while sleeping. Some people had mentioned this Pro Elec one being awkward to plug into, but we have used it loads even running a kettle and at night a 1500w heater for 12 hours and no signs of the adaptor overheating from poor contacts and manufacturing.

The MSCIEN thingy has quite a few bad reviews for causing fires lol

No issues with ours, but we never overload it. Obviously if you plug a kettle, heater etc into the same extension socket you are asking for trouble!

No issues with ours, but we never overload it. Obviously if you plug a kettle, heater etc into the same extension socket you are asking for trouble!
Sorry, had not meant at the same time (hence the and at night bit) and if they are under 13 amps then it would be fine.

Nice job.
But won’t you be sitting under your awning at night, getting eaten alive by the critters.....?
Hopefully not!! Didn’t really see a difference between this and fairy lights any other form of outdoor lighting. It can be dimmed.

Hopefully not!! Didn’t really see a difference between this and fairy lights any other form of outdoor lighting. It can be dimmed.

Lets us know how it works out after a summer season. I would imagine the light will attract bugs to the van...?

Be good to hear your experience after a few months use though :thumb

Back