Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Hi, the stuck wheel is a common problem, I change my wheels twice a year for winter / summer tyre changes, you should wire brush the rust off and apply a thin smear of copper grease on the spigot that the wheel fit on, and the inside of the wheel that sits on the spigot. I never have any issues with wheels sticking, handy if you end up dealing with a puncture.
It doesn't matter how much Cooper slip or the like you put on, some designs of rim are tighter on the spigot than others. I cleaned up the spigots before fitting the wheel & still needed the wheel bolts to pull it fully onto the hub. I never had problems with the original 16" alloy wheels on the old van & never had a problem with steels.
This is my 2nd van & second set of Dakar's & they have been a really tight fit on both. I seem to remember a poll a few years back & there were some other designs that seemed to stick & others that no-one had problems with.

I don't know if it counts... But I bought a full set of mats for mine this week. The front mat turned up as expected, but the others (packages seperately) didn't.
Yodel said they couldn't deliver these (at the same time) as they couldn't get access to the house!

And now they have gone missing. Amazing.

I also bought a lot of the little things like a trivet tray thing for the bottom of the fridge, some foam tape to stick across the roof blind track to stop it opening while driving, a couple of little magnets and a thin plate to hold the sliding table leg up because the catch is snapped, some vinyl to cover both tables, some more vinyl to cover the fridge and cooker tops...
Going to be a busy weekend for me!

There must be something in my water today... I've just bought some side steps and a boot sill protector too!

The only reason I didn't get a front splitter is because my wife caught me spending!

It doesn't matter how much Cooper slip or the like you put on, some designs of rim are tighter on the spigot than others. I cleaned up the spigots before fitting the wheel & still needed the wheel bolts to pull it fully onto the hub. I never had problems with the original 16" alloy wheels on the old van & never had a problem with steels.
This is my 2nd van & second set of Dakar's & they have been a really tight fit on both. I seem to remember a poll a few years back & there were some other designs that seemed to stick & others that no-one had problems with.
I've only had the standard VW alloys, I have two sets. When I tried to change the wheels for the first time they were well stuck after only 9 months from new.

I have been looking for a chopping board that will fit neatly into the Cali kitchen. There are ones that you can buy that fit over the sink and some that fit in the cutlery drawer. But I thought they are expensive and only really have one use. Then I came across these four plastic chopping boards in Morrisons. They needed cutting down to fit but you end up with…

• 4 Chopping boards
  • Protectors for the glass tops
  • Place mats
  • A mini coffee table

IMG_0342s.jpg

IMG_0343s.jpg

IMG_0344s.jpg

This IKEA chopping board fits the draw perfectly, it’s a really good quality chopping board. It can be ordered online.

BA842D45-2342-4F74-B8B4-B0842BF688C8.jpeg

This 10 liter water jerry can, fits perfectly in vertical position in the boot.

IMG_20210329_222327.jpg

Final bit of the kit of parts to fit a spare wheel.
Bracket & bolts £60, Spare safe £45, old wheel with legal tyre £35
The parts-tempImageB1agaU.png.
Jack the van up & put an axle stand in place so you can slide under & hold the bracket up to the van & insert the retaining pin. tempImageKIjH0G.png

Put the wheel on the bracket & insert the none return bolt on the left & a locking bolt in the spare safe on the right after covering them with coppaslip Job done, time taken 15 minutes.

tempImageuygcf0.png

Bought a Boot tidier today, bargain from Lidl :thumb very handy

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-249 ... 18360&ar=6

Also a Mudder CO detector from Amazon.
bought this for a ride round after leaving cali on campsites

this for a ride around after leaving cali on campsite

IMG_20210305_131743.jpg

I came across these four plastic chopping boards in Morrisons. They needed cutting down to fit but you end up with…
been using these a few years they work well

First purchase for the van in a very long time! Finally managed to get my hands on a
Vango Cove II Air Drive Away Awning, which appears to be very low on stock in the UK. Having not owned an awning for years, we had to delve back in as the two kids are getting bigger, and we now have a dog too! The Cove looked the right size, and i'm liking the porch shelter for those wet summer evenings! Roll on warmer weather and more freedom!

First purchase for the van in a very long time! Finally managed to get my hands on a
Vango Cove II Air Drive Away Awning, which appears to be very low on stock in the UK. Having not owned an awning for years, we had to delve back in as the two kids are getting bigger, and we now have a dog too! The Cove looked the right size, and i'm liking the porch shelter for those wet summer evenings! Roll on warmer weather and more freedom!

Hi, glad to hear you managed to get your Vango Cove II Air Drive Away Awning, we also have been lucky enough to get one and it arrived today. We need to get a fixing kit now but not sure what size to purchase, we have a California Beach 2018 are they all a standard size? We will be fitting it to our pull out awning fixed to the side of the van. Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

Looks good, bought one also the other day from VW, not a bad price really considering it was factory painted, actually have the spoiler before I have a Cali, that's on its way!
We got ours from Transporter HQ good price and delivery in under 48 hours took no time to fit :thumb

It probably will be as good but I’ve only ever gone for Dometic so it was a natural progression. The solar generator is basically another battery to charge things. Check out Ecoflow delta.

It probably will be as good but I’ve only ever gone for Dometic so it was a natural progression. The solar generator is basically another battery to charge things. Check out Ecoflow delta.
Hi,

what made you decide on the ecoflow? Did you consider the jackery power station? I am currently reviewing options before buying and all the reviewers seem to hype up the jackery so interested to know your thoughts.

Cali being built this week and I've been buying items daily so did not want to bore you with a daily update, however today was Bandrup anti-slip shelf inlays and Bandrup carpet for the base of the bench seat, oh and some fiamma awning hooks to hang wet towels........

Back