Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

That’s the company that I have used for all my plates. Good quality

I also did not have to send documents
I had another look last night and unfortunately they don't currently offer the GB/Union Jack badge. They only offer it with UK/Union Jack, which is not my preferred option.

I double checked, in case I'd got it wrong, but 'GB/Union Jack' is the preferred flag/country identifier for number plates post Brexit, and it means you don't require an extra GB badge for most, but not all, of Europe.

Will keep looking but thanks for the tip.

I had another look last night and unfortunately they don't currently offer the GB/Union Jack badge. They only offer it with UK/Union Jack, which is not my preferred option.

I double checked, in case I'd got it wrong, but 'GB/Union Jack' is the preferred flag/country identifier for number plates post Brexit, and it means you don't require an extra GB badge for most, but not all, of Europe.

Will keep looking but thanks for the tip.
They have stickers on Amazon.

It’s saying on the website that they have to have original documents, can I ask how you managed to not send any
I just followed the process on the website and paid. Wasn’t asked for documents?

They have stickers on Amazon.
Unfortunately they don't fit because the plain plate has the numbers moved centrally, so there is not enough room for the sticker.

It’s saying on the website that they have to have original documents, can I ask how you managed to not send any
The DVLA states that authorised number plate manufacturers must see documents to confirm both your identity and that you have the authority to use that specific plate. Whether they actually do this seems to be hit and miss. Halfords required my documents and put certain info on to their computer.

You can get legal plates on ebay with no documentation.

user "numbers_71" did my Union Jack / GB plate for the rack for £8.50. no documents required. Its a legal plate with manufacturers postcode etc on it.

Fitted the campervanBits carpet set. What a difference, it has transformed the interior. Less of a van, more of a mobile lounge. Contrasts nicely with the grey. Great buy.
Sounds good. Do you have a photo?

i had the last piece of my Brandrup carpets delivered today "the passenger area piece". Its bigger than i was expecting for sure.

I also had the brandrup pillows delivered that were on backorder. I though i would get them to go with the current upholstery before i decide what covers to go with but oh my they are pretty bad. I had no idea the upholstery in the van would be such an odd texture. I just wasn't expecting it to fell like something from a bygone age. I am now very worried that my decision to order without ever seeing one in the flesh was a little naive, i am not sure i can live with those seats on a daily driver for any length of time.

i had the last piece of my Brandrup carpets delivered today "the passenger area piece". Its bigger than i was expecting for sure.

I also had the brandrup pillows delivered that were on backorder. I though i would get them to go with the current upholstery before i decide what covers to go with but oh my they are pretty bad. I had no idea the upholstery in the van would be such an odd texture. I just wasn't expecting it to fell like something from a bygone age. I am now very worried that my decision to order without ever seeing one in the flesh was a little naive, i am not sure i can live with those seats on a daily driver for any length of time.
Which upholstery will be on your seats?

Palladium
Ahh that’ll be on my Ocean. I thoughts it seemed decent in my test drive, but have heard how it shows marks. Perhaps better suited to being stretched over a seat than as a soft cushion?

A replacement key. 250 quid. Are they made of platinum ? Shameless pricing from VW parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new Fire Safety Sticks have arrived; bought the 25sec. for the Cali and a 50sec. for my static caravan.

2784E85D-55E8-4F2D-BE33-EF36BC66F4AD.jpeg
They are really compact compared with the standard option.
BC38DBD7-56BD-4463-873C-26AEAD473ADE.jpeg
Have gone for these as they can be used on any type of fire, leave no residue and last longer than standard extinguishers.

More info here:

I bought the 25s/50s twin pack for £89 from here:

There are cheaper options but I think this covers all our needs in the smallest package.

My new Fire Safety Sticks have arrived; bought the 25sec. for the Cali and a 50sec. for my static caravan.

View attachment 75618
They are really compact compared with the standard option.
View attachment 75619
Have gone for these as they can be used on any type of fire, leave no residue and last longer than standard extinguishers.

More info here:

I bought the 25s/50s twin pack for £89 from here:

There are cheaper options but I think this covers all our needs in the smallest package.
I've never seen these these before - it looks great if expensive. I have a fire blanket and one of these that are about the size of a deodorant can, and cost £15, but make a (wipeable) mess...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084CW97XD/?tag=eliteelect-21

A replacement key. 250 quid. Are they made of platinum ? Shameless pricing from VW parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to get a new key for my Freelander which I sold to make way for the Cali. Land Rover wanted £250 also. Even 3rd party providers were up there.

I've never seen these these before - it looks great if expensive. I have a fire blanket and one of these that are about the size of a deodorant can, and cost £15, but make a (wipeable) mess...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084CW97XD/?tag=eliteelect-21
They are certainly more expensive than other options. I have to undergo fire training annually and yet when I was in a home fire, the fear kicked in and I struggled to remember simple things but the fire crew said that might have been the smoke inhalation. I’m therefore always looking for the most straightforward options. I don’t want to have to work out if I’ve got the right option for my type of fire and I want it to be easy to deploy.

My figuring was that I’m mostly likely to have a fire inside the van when cooking and I usually sit on the bench with the table up. In this position the best place for a fire blanket would be on the wardrobe but that would be right next to the fire and it could be dangerous to get the fire blanket fully open in that space without knocking stuff over and possibly spreading the fire. I will almost certainly never need it but if I do, I now have an option that needs no room to deploy, can be opened and left in the van whilst we exit, and won’t cause any more damage to my van. With a ten year shelf life and no checks needed, the £45/stick is worth it for my peace of mind.

They are certainly more expensive than other options. I have to undergo fire training annually and yet when I was in a home fire, the fear kicked in and I struggled to remember simple things but the fire crew said that might have been the smoke inhalation. I’m therefore always looking for the most straightforward options. I don’t want to have to work out if I’ve got the right option for my type of fire and I want it to be easy to deploy.

My figuring was that I’m mostly likely to have a fire inside the van when cooking and I usually sit on the bench with the table up. In this position the best place for a fire blanket would be on the wardrobe but that would be right next to the fire and it could be dangerous to get the fire blanket fully open in that space without knocking stuff over and possibly spreading the fire. I will almost certainly never need it but if I do, I now have an option that needs no room to deploy, can be opened and left in the van whilst we exit, and won’t cause any more damage to my van. With a ten year shelf life and no checks needed, the £45/stick is worth it for my peace of mind.
Where will you keep it in the van?

Thank you for sharing. Never seen this but it looks fabulous. I will be ordering one.

£45 is nothing in the grand scheme of things - about one night on a UK campsite in 2021!

Back