Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I’ve treated Bertie to a Brandrup main cabin carpet to make it nice and cosy from the club shop. Although I have to say it’s a different shade entirely from the VW carpets that came supplied with the Cali. They aren’t seen together so shouldn’t be a problem. Really finishes of the interior and protects the floor from scratches. I’m still waiting for the boot carpet to come back in stock. Having only had Bertie for a week, I still have a huge list of accessories left to buy.
BBQ is next on my list. I’ve been recommended the Cadac Safari Chef 2. It even comes with a bag!!

View attachment 77587
I recommend these as a lighter Cadac alternative with a 904 bottle that also acts as a spare for your Cali
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AT6LRQ0/?tag=eliteelect-21

Had a tint applied to all the habitation windows by Phil the owner of South Coast Tints at Southamton.... The job took about 2.5 hours and I can't fault it, quite perfect in every way. On arrival Phil took me through the tints he offers, to keep it simple these are a light, a medium and a dark tint. The dark corresponds to the "limo" tint.... very, very dark. He has done a lot of Californias fitted with the factory tint and with this experience steered me towards the medium tint as best corresponding with my requirements. Phil warned me that as some window units are double glazed these might 'mirror' a bit in bright light...... well if they do, I have not noticed yet, the extra UV protection and the privacy benefits far outweigh this, IMO, minor disadvantage....... Having steered me away from the LIMO tint for the windows Phil used LIMO for the sun strip across the top of the windscreen which BTW is absolutely brilliant.......... not everyone might need their windows tinted but a sun strip in Limo is an absolute must have !

Had a tint applied to all the habitation windows by Phil the owner of South Coast Tints at Southamton.... The job took about 2.5 hours and I can't fault it, quite perfect in every way. On arrival Phil took me through the tints he offers, to keep it simple these are a light, a medium and a dark tint. The dark corresponds to the "limo" tint.... very, very dark. He has done a lot of Californias fitted with the factory tint and with this experience steered me towards the medium tint as best corresponding with my requirements. Phil warned me that as some window units are double glazed these might 'mirror' a bit in bright light...... well if they do, I have not noticed yet, the extra UV protection and the privacy benefits far outweigh this, IMO, minor disadvantage....... Having steered me away from the LIMO tint for the windows Phil used LIMO for the sun strip across the top of the windscreen which BTW is absolutely brilliant.......... not everyone might need their windows tinted but a sun strip in Limo is an absolute must have !
Sounds brilliant. It would be great if you could share photos of the finished result.

Hi, just an update on the fridge and solar generator I posted on page 184.
Spent a week away at Old Oaks and tried both out.
Dometic cfx3 fridge worked perfect, large capacity for all my beers plus plenty of space left for food. Very quiet operation and the ice maker was a bonus for the wife’s Brandy and cokes. Super impressed with it.
Ecoflow Delta solar generator is an exceptional piece of kit. I ran it with a Renogy 100w solar panel and try as I might I struggled to flatten it. I ran numerous things from it including charging 2 ebikes all week. This will definitely allow us to stay off grid for longer.
Both items were a tad more expensive than others out there but as the saying goes “you only get what you pay for”. So, all in very pleased with both purchases.

Dometic cfx3 fridge worked perfect, large capacity for all my beers plus plenty of space left for food. Very quiet operation and the ice maker was a bonus for the wife’s Brandy and cokes. Super impressed with it.
Ecoflow Delta solar generator is an exceptional piece of kit. I ran it with a Renogy 100w solar panel and try as I might I struggled to flatten it. I ran numerous things from it including charging 2 ebikes all week. This will definitely allow us to stay off grid for longer.
Both items were a tad more expensive than others out there but as the saying goes “you only get what you pay for”. So, all in very pleased with both purchases.
I see your solar generator has 220V 1800 W output, does this mean you can use it for a Nespresso machine?

I see your solar generator has 220V 1800 W output, does this mean you can use it for a Nespresso machine?
Hi, I don’t have a nespresso machine(maybe next on my list) but I would say yes it will power the machine, just check the wattage rating of the nespresso first.

I’ve treated Bertie to a Brandrup main cabin carpet to make it nice and cosy from the club shop. Although I have to say it’s a different shade entirely from the VW carpets that came supplied with the Cali. They aren’t seen together so shouldn’t be a problem. Really finishes of the interior and protects the floor from scratches. I’m still waiting for the boot carpet to come back in stock. Having only had Bertie for a week, I still have a huge list of accessories left to buy.
BBQ is next on my list. I’ve been recommended the Cadac Safari Chef 2. It even comes with a bag!!

View attachment 77587
We have the cadac which is fantastic but we also have a cheap gas canister single burner as well. The reason being getting the cadac out and away again is a bit of a faff if you are doing a quick lunch or picnic stop etc it’s more suited to a full camp setup. The gas canister burner is great as it sets up in a few seconds takes very little space and is perfect for a quick brew or picnic etc

Having both set ups and the van stove and you are totally covered on the cooking front

On the cadac front we also got the high pressure gas canister adapter as an extra (it comes with the regular) reason being you don’t have to disconnect the van gas to use it and the high pressure canisters contain more gas for their size than regular ones, having both gas options allows for more flexibility when travelling and means you won’t run out as both options are available.

Something like this but there are loads around

Kampa Evo Portable Single Gas Camping Stove – CampervanBits
vwcaliforniaclub.com vwcaliforniaclub.com

Last edited:
I see there are several cfx3 models. Which did you go for? Fits under the bed, and powered from the 12v cig in the back?
https://www.leisureoutlet.com/elect...-KnH2OljAhR8gQBCt63l66FvwYDk2hvwaAmUEEALw_wcB

Hi, we went for the cfx3 55. Yes it fits under the shelf and plugs into the 12v socket in the back. we bought ours from the club shop with 5% off and fast delivery.
Thanks. Does it let you have both a fridge and a freezer function at the same time, or is the whole interior one temperature?

Thanks. Does it let you have both a fridge and a freezer function at the same time, or is the whole interior one temperature?
Hi, the fridge is all one temperature but goes down to -8 degrees but if using as a fridge you can still make ice for all those G&T’s. It is also controlled via you mobile if you wish.

Ooohhh where did you get the name sticker please?
We looked around, and eventually went to www.vinylletteringonline.co.uk. We chose a number of different fonts to be made up so we could pick what suited. Our decals are 40mm high. The font chosen does make a difference to how the decal looks in the flesh, the length and spacing changes, so it's a good idea to order a few - they are not expensive and very easy to apply.

Had a trip to the club shop yesterday to get a few bits and bobs ready for our new T6.1, whenever it arrives!

New cutlery
New bamboo plate set
Cadac pizza stone
Ridgemonkey with removable handles (XL)
Brandrup rubber/silicone shelf liners
Cadac silicone tongs
Pre-order for Brandrup shower hose pocket, in palladium colour

Jobs a goodun !

Had a trip to the club shop yesterday to get a few bits and bobs ready for our new T6.1, whenever it arrives!

New cutlery
New bamboo plate set
Cadac pizza stone
Ridgemonkey with removable handles (XL)
Brandrup rubber/silicone shelf liners
Cadac silicone tongs
Pre-order for Brandrup shower hose pocket, in palladium colour

Jobs a goodun !
I didn’t know about the shower hose pocket. I did see the hose stored in a flimsy polystyrene? holder over the gas bottle when I had a test drive. Is this the one you ordered?
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/p...-shower-bag-vw-t6t5-california-ocean-se-coast

If it's sunny tomorrow I will photograph the windows and of course my sun strip.... but I will then need to figure out how to get the photos up here ......
Take it on your phone, then click here31185614-25BE-4444-B3C0-F0E5D8C1040F.jpeg

Back