Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

hi Dripster, perfect fit! Which model is it? The 50l? Is it good? Much cheaper than anything else similar.
Yes, 50l. This one: https://www.dellonda.co.uk/products...eezer-cool-box-for-car-camping-led-12-24-230v

I've run it at home, and gets down to temperature pretty quickly, will be using it on a trip for the first time in a couple of weeks. Chose this one because it just fits and has two areas that you can run at different temps, e.g. one as a fridge and one as a freezer, or both the same.

Yes, 50l. This one: https://www.dellonda.co.uk/products...eezer-cool-box-for-car-camping-led-12-24-230v

I've run it at home, and gets down to temperature pretty quickly, will be using it on a trip for the first time in a couple of weeks. Chose this one because it just fits and has two areas that you can run at different temps, e.g. one as a fridge and one as a freezer, or both the same.
I wonder how noisy it is?
I always wonder why the Dometic is so expensive. This is half the price so very keen to hear how you get on with it. Thanks

I wonder how noisy it is?
I always wonder why the Dometic is so expensive. This is half the price so very keen to hear how you get on with it. Thanks
It doesn't seem that noisy, a bit like sleeping next to your fridge in the kitchen (although it does have a small fan), but of course I haven't tried either yet! Plus of course it only kicks in when it needs to. We're away in a couple of weeks for the weekend but we'll probably chuck it in the awning during the night anyway.

I did a bit of research before I got it, some good UK reviews on Amazon (which you may take with a pinch of salt) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CPTCS3D/?tag=eliteelect-21, there are some good videos on YouTube (mainly from the US), and it's identical in all but badge to the Alpicool 50l one (https://en.alpicool.com/details/overviews.html?id=6), which also has good reviews.

I have no doubt that the Dometic/Waeco ones will outlast it, be more efficient and quieter, and if I was going to live in the van full time I may go for those. But for the price and the convenience of a freezer section too (we're going to staying at a site with an ice cream parlour and I want to bring some back!) I think this is a good bet. I'm sure it will be better than our 7 year old Aldi coolbox!

In a month's time I may be crying and ordering a Dometic of course.

It doesn't seem that noisy, a bit like sleeping next to your fridge in the kitchen (although it does have a small fan), but of course I haven't tried either yet! Plus of course it only kicks in when it needs to. We're away in a couple of weeks for the weekend but we'll probably chuck it in the awning during the night anyway.

I did a bit of research before I got it, some good UK reviews on Amazon (which you may take with a pinch of salt) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CPTCS3D/?tag=eliteelect-21, there are some good videos on YouTube (mainly from the US), and it's identical in all but badge to the Alpicool 50l one (https://en.alpicool.com/details/overviews.html?id=6), which also has good reviews.

I have no doubt that the Dometic/Waeco ones will outlast it, be more efficient and quieter, and if I was going to live in the van full time I may go for those. But for the price and the convenience of a freezer section too (we're going to staying at a site with an ice cream parlour and I want to bring some back!) I think this is a good bet. I'm sure it will be better than our 7 year old Aldi coolbox!

In a month's time I may be crying and ordering a Dometic of course.
How funny it's also an Alpicool. Very helpful thanks, more reviews to go from since there weren't many on the Dell'onda name...

Ive just managed to get a cable from the front to the back in the ceiling for a rear dash cam fed from the front one. not as easy as you may think and don't ever take the microphone out to use as a fishing hole cos its a bitch to get back in.

New awning. Too windy today so put it out in living room . Not sure if I will ever get it back into the bag.

awning.jpg

Well, I managed to put the Cali on a jack stand for the summer tyres change.
Just bought a 2t jack stand and a 5t bottle jack. it is an extremely tight fit having both on the small jacking point, but it works. 29€ between both at the local hardware store.

20210504_143250.jpg20210504_143256.jpg

Ive just managed to get a cable from the front to the back in the ceiling for a rear dash cam fed from the front one. not as easy as you may think and don't ever take the microphone out to use as a fishing hole cos its a bitch to get back in.
I was in contact with a company I've used before to install a front/rear dash cam in my new Cali, but they won't fit a rear camera on a campervan due to the hassle involved in running the cables, and also the issue with placing the rear camera due to the pull up blind.

Well, I managed to put the Cali on a jack stand for the summer tyres change.
Just bought a 2t jack stand and a 5t bottle jack. it is an extremely tight fit having both on the small jacking point, but it works. 29€ between both at the local hardware store.

View attachment 77917View attachment 77916
That is awesome. if you don't mind, I will steal that picture to post (with appropriate (c) assignment) to show people how to get a jack and a stand on that support. Great work.

I was in contact with a company I've used before to install a front/rear dash cam in my new Cali, but they won't fit a rear camera on a campervan due to the hassle involved in running the cables, and also the issue with placing the rear camera due to the pull up blind.
For information: SatNav Solutions in Surbiton fitted my Blackvue cameras (front & rear) but it did take them best part of a day. Rear camera is mounted on the glass and does not interfere with the blind. Similarly, the front camera does not interfere with the front window blinds.

blind not an issue as camera mounted well away from the hook but i can see why they shy away

That is awesome. if you don't mind, I will steal that picture to post (with appropriate (c) assignment) to show people how to get a jack and a stand on that support. Great work.
Please note in the picture, I didn't put the pin to prevent the transverse bolt on the jack stand to slip out. It would have been too safe otherwise :D.
The safety pin should be in, even though the bolt is unlikely to slip out with the weight on.

Yes 20" on -30mm springs. Haven't done many miles on them yet but so far the ride doesn't feel any different than the 18" did.
Excellent! Thanks for the reply, the black wheels look good with the grey.

Back