Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

After taking delivery of my new Ocean earlier this week, I have been busy shopping! Based on the invaluable advice on here, I’m starting with essentials, and will then suss out what else we are missing as we go.

Purchased:
Spare safe
Thetford 335
25m hook up cable
Brandrup Second Skin Seat Covers for 2-seater bench “Circuit/Palladium” (note, as they are quite expensive, I wanted to see what they were like before splashing out on the front seats too. I’m really happy with the quality, so will be ordering the fronts shortly)
Ridge monkey XL
Mattress sheets (double from Dunelm)
Drawer kit for under the sink (came back into stock yesterday in the club shop)
Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 Powerbank

Still to purchase:
Brandrup second skin seat covers for front seats
Carpet from Campervancarpets.com
Gas bottle
Surf key
Dashcam (I seem set on the blackvue based on comments on here (thanks GG) plus my own research. I was looking at the DR750x 2CH but noticed there is now an upgraded DR900x 2CH. Will mull this one over a bit more. Once I do take the plunge, I’ll get it fitted properly (probably at SatNav Systems in Surbiton)
Solar panels from from Roger

More research required:
Best solution for a hose/funnel attachment to help fill the water tank
Strip LED lights for internal decoration - deemed an essential item by my wife :)

Setting off on our first trip later today (a short 2 night break). Let’s see what gets added to the list….
Hi Mark,

if you find a surf key provider for the 6.1 please post accordingly, many have struggled to find anyone to make a 6.1 surf key.

enjoy the Maiden voyage (don’t forget the bubbly) and list a report on your experience, Site etc :cheers

Hint for next time:
1 x 10m cable plus
1 x 15m cable
Offers more flexibility giving 3 distinct cable length options:
10m
15m
25m
At a small additional cost.
The male / female Plug connectors can be purchased separately, allowing the 25m cable to be cut to the required size, the split size is more convenient on most sites as you seldom need the fully 25m of cable.

when using the full length of 25m cable please remember to uncoil it fully to prevent potential over heating issues with the cable.

Hint for next time:
1 x 10m cable plus
1 x 15m cable
Offers more flexibility giving 3 distinct cable length options:
10m
15m
25m
At a small additional cost.
Good shout. I didn’t think of that, but it makes perfect sense.

The male / female Plug connectors can be purchased separately, allowing the 25m cable to be cut to the required size, the split size is more convenient on most sites as you seldom need the fully 25m of cable.

when using the full length of 25m cable please remember to uncoil it fully to prevent potential over heating issues with the cable.

and you would need a rain protection :
https://www.obelink.de/obelink-cee-stecker-sicherheitsbox.html

Hi Mark,

if you find a surf key provider for the 6.1 please post accordingly, many have struggled to find anyone to make a 6.1 surf key.

enjoy the Maiden voyage (don’t forget the bubbly) and list a report on your experience, Site etc :cheers
Old fashioned locksmith/cobbler in Pwllheli did a cut for me last week - I did take in a plastic blank that I got off eBay. The cutting is done with older type router costing £7.50 and works a treat; Simpsons will not help you as they say their routers are too aggressive!

E778A90A-E263-4382-BDC4-9ADD20B499F0.jpeg

Old fashioned locksmith/cobbler in Pwllheli did a cut for me last week - I did take in a plastic blank that I got off eBay. The cutting is done with older type router costing £7.50 and works a treat; Simpsons will not help you as they say their routers are too aggressive!

View attachment 81829
Hi,
Your vehicle details say T6. I thought there was a specific issue with the newer keys for the T6.1
Anyone been successful with T6.1 keys?

bought a new feet for the roof bars I use on the golf and saved a few quid. bought the 753 lower Thule feet to go with the adaptor kit 183057 and used the same whisper bars. Both sets of feet have a quick release and adjust system which means no extra bars to be bought. Happy with the result and easy to swap depending on needs.

My son and I have versions around this theme... I think they are incredibly practical!

My wife, on the other hand, flat refuses to use one or even walk to the shower block within 15 feet of us haha!
Haha! Fair enough. I couldn’t give a stuff what people think. It helps that I walk to the showers with a massive grin on my face

I brought some of these, largely for the noise cancellation to block out road noise at night. I have almost convinced myself they were worth the money, I can’t take them off.

View attachment 81806
Apple Music have recently introduced Lossless Audio and Dolby Atmos spatial audio. It sounds gimmicky but it’s amazing, like listening to music in high definition all the elements of the track sound separated in space, combined with the noise Cancellation which make the world vanish, I now think these headphones are very good indeed.

Apple Music have recently introduced Lossless Audio and Dolby Atmos spatial audio. It sounds gimmicky but it’s amazing, like listening to music in high definition all the elements of the track sound separated in space, combined with the noise Cancellation which make the world vanish, I now think these headphones are very good indeed.
Lossless has been around since the original iPod but almost no one used it because of the disc space that uncompressed files used. It is now more viable and sounds great through AirPod Pro’s. Just to clarify, its the spatial sound that sounds great, Lossless doesn’t work via Bluetooth

Last edited:
Lossless has been around since the original iPod but almost no one used it because of the disc space that uncompressed files used. It is now more viable and sounds great through AirPod Pro’s. Just to clarify, its the special sound that sounds great, Lossless doesn’t work via Bluetooth
Oh right. Watching Star Wars with these on and the Dolby atmos sounds like being in the cinema, really good.

A wireless dongle for Android Auto that works seamlessly with the head unit. First day out. Good experience. Will report back long term after a few uses and a few months as well.

View attachment 81971
Did you get it from these guys..? Is it shipping generally now..?

Back