Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

We have no power available in our garage or an option to install solar.
So without going for a long drive to charge or top off our leisure batteries we decided to buy one of these and have been using it for quite some time.
https://amzn.to/3OtCQPn

We can run lights, charge allsorts of other things mobiles, laptops, tablets, lights, some power tools ( I have used an orbital polisher) even tried a low wattage kettle https://amzn.to/3O7p9ps and fan heater. I also charge up some of my sporting kit and even an electric bike.

But mostly I can fully top off the leisure batteries and it also overspills a bit and charges the starter battery. Or you can use it to charge your starter battery directly with a CTEK car battery charger https://amzn.to/3bbuttk . It has a 1000w inverter so we use it as EHU (Electric Hook up) with our normal power cable to get our fridge nice and cold.

We have had so much use out of it. It has a 12volt cigarette socket 4 USB sockets and a C type socket. It has 240v 2 x English Plug sockets + 1000watts and can be charged either by mains at home or elsewhere when you are out. It can also be charged by solar panel and comes with a cable.

We went to Scotland for a month in winter and it was overcast most days so solar was useless. Only way we could top off the leisure batteries was go for a drive or find a campsite. So when we were wild camping without driving we could plug into this as EHU and give ourselves a couple of extra days easily. We also charged it up when we were in a campsite. On one occasion we were stuck in snow 2 days with overcast days so our solar panel was not producing anything worthwhile.

We have found so many uses for it and can even use it at home if need be.

So if like us you don't want to go for an unnecessary drive especially with the cost of diesel ATM and don't have handy access to power we found it really handy. We also made up a short cable to plug into the EHU and run a cable through the window while camping to charge up our leisure batteries. Its given us so much more flexibility we highly recommend it.
https://amzn.to/3OtCQPn
Awesome, thanks!
I live in apartment and don't have power in the parking to charge up the Cali!
Looks like this could solve many of our problems!

Awesome, thanks!
I live in apartment and don't have power in the parking to charge up the Cali!
Looks like this could solve many of our problems!
You're welcome.

Tip if you buy/use one.... just top up your California leisure batteries and then turn the suitcase off. If you leave the suitcase switched on continuously having the 240v inverter on standby drains the suitcase battery.

Nothing but with a couple of hours to kill, I made a small shelf to hold my wine glass. Fits on the sliding door. Used some old bits of IKEA stuff that were not needed. Obviously can’t open the door when it’s in place.

17C65D54-E040-4C51-90DD-9503F1340B72.jpeg

18ADC220-F102-4B8D-893C-04C8E2CF130C.jpeg

66C2AAFD-496E-448D-9E29-34FCA082F5C4.jpeg

A Campingaz party grill 400cv (similar to Cadac safari chef). So versatile and easy to clean. Superb, highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With pickup now next Friday the last few items are coming thick and fast!! Already a garage full of bits, from Oxo dustpans to cables to Cadacs and today's haul includes the fabled S2S Camper Mattress (Bergzeit has them in stock), a large amount of tat from Ikea this morning from Kuggis to potatoes peelers and a last-minute order from Wow Camping gets us the usual stuff - Collapsable Kettle, some dry bags for our SUPS and a good old pizza stone!

Tried out the mattress - it basically feels like an air bed with a foam topper - so not as great as foam alone, not as bad as air alone - somewhere between. Which is what we were looking for but to be 100% honest - not as great as I'd hoped and a little less than I would have thought for 230 quid. The USB mini inflator worked a treat though.

s2s.jpg

Had a great bloke out to remove all my dents. I had a few. All gone. Really pleased with the results. Great guy local to me. Took his time and loved the bus. One of my best spends on the van,brilliant job. Had 1 on the bonnet,1 on passenger door,1 strange Ripple on quarter panel, and now all gone. You all know how much these dings annoy you , mine are all gone!!!!!

20220627_121330.jpg

Last edited:
Memory foam mattress toppers grade Vasco 50 cut to size by foams4u.co.uk
just giving them an airing before trying out on a trip tomorrow.

A1251A0B-6F0C-4625-A8D4-1FD1272A52A7.jpeg

The solar panels are really flush with the roof the awning roll frame is above so it really does not increase the height
OK - it was the L shaped brackets that I thought might stick up a bit. I think about a quarter of the way from the front, the roof height is level with the awning, but I guess at the rear of the rail where you have it, the roof is a bit lower. There are some car parks that I only just fit under the barriers now, so wouldnt want to add even 1cm really. I need to do a bit more scoping out but these look like they could be viable... thanks

Are there any special cares taken when cleaning the roof? Can you just use normal car foam on them ?
We just use car shampoo and then rinse it off.

(Although if you followed advice given for Home solar panels, they say to only use deionized water, as some cleaning products can leave a residue that might attract dirt.)

Lucie fairy lights, look great quality!
Bike sign for Spain, all for just 48hrs!
Mozzie lamp
Mozzie interior plug
Awning loops for hanging mozzie lamp and fairy lights!
2x suncream!!

6F8C539E-0E68-4C0C-A9CD-B042A65E9003.jpeg

Had a great bloke out to remove all my dents. I had a few. All gone. Really pleased with the results. Great guy local to me. Took his time and loved the bus. One of my best spends on the van,brilliant job. Had 1 on the bonnet,1 on passenger door,1 strange Ripple on quarter panel, and now all gone. You all know how much these dings annoy you , mine are all gone!!!!!

View attachment 95284
Nice! Who did you use may I ask? Would be good to have a number for when the inevitable finally happens...

Nice! Who did you use may I ask? Would be good to have a number for when the inevitable finally happens...
. Nathan. Detailed dents based in Thorne.
Shown here on Google maps . Click the link in maps for his number.

Screenshot_20220630-175523_Maps.jpg

Back