Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
bought a new feet for the roof bars I use on the golf and saved a few quid. bought the 753 lower Thule feet to go with the adaptor kit 183057 and used the same whisper bars. Both sets of feet have a quick release and adjust system which means no extra bars to be bought. Happy with the result and easy to swap depending on needs.

KatyCC

KatyCC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My son and I have versions around this theme... I think they are incredibly practical!

My wife, on the other hand, flat refuses to use one or even walk to the shower block within 15 feet of us haha!
Haha! Fair enough. I couldn’t give a stuff what people think. It helps that I walk to the showers with a massive grin on my face

L

Lightning

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I brought some of these, largely for the noise cancellation to block out road noise at night. I have almost convinced myself they were worth the money, I can’t take them off.

View attachment 81806
Apple Music have recently introduced Lossless Audio and Dolby Atmos spatial audio. It sounds gimmicky but it’s amazing, like listening to music in high definition all the elements of the track sound separated in space, combined with the noise Cancellation which make the world vanish, I now think these headphones are very good indeed.

Joker 1299

Joker 1299

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Apple Music have recently introduced Lossless Audio and Dolby Atmos spatial audio. It sounds gimmicky but it’s amazing, like listening to music in high definition all the elements of the track sound separated in space, combined with the noise Cancellation which make the world vanish, I now think these headphones are very good indeed.
Lossless has been around since the original iPod but almost no one used it because of the disc space that uncompressed files used. It is now more viable and sounds great through AirPod Pro’s. Just to clarify, its the spatial sound that sounds great, Lossless doesn’t work via Bluetooth

Last edited:
L

Lightning

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Lossless has been around since the original iPod but almost no one used it because of the disc space that uncompressed files used. It is now more viable and sounds great through AirPod Pro’s. Just to clarify, its the special sound that sounds great, Lossless doesn’t work via Bluetooth
Oh right. Watching Star Wars with these on and the Dolby atmos sounds like being in the cinema, really good.

C

couplands

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
A wireless dongle for Android Auto that works seamlessly with the head unit. First day out. Good experience. Will report back long term after a few uses and a few months as well.

View attachment 81971
Did you get it from these guys..? Is it shipping generally now..?

P

pluc99

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I felt like getting something while I'm waiting for delivery, so here it is, my first purchase: some hooks, a doodad aid for filling the water tank and a ventilator to extract heat from the space where the cooler is. These are made/sold by Benno of the German cali board.

Cali_CoolerFan.jpeg

Klakski

Klakski

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I felt like getting something while I'm waiting for delivery, so here it is, my first purchase: some hooks, a doodad aid for filling the water tank and a ventilator to extract heat from the space where the cooler is. These are made/sold by Benno of the German cali board.

View attachment 82030
Could you tell me more about the fan please,I’m curious and interested

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Did you get it from these guys..? Is it shipping generally now..?
Yes, that is correct. I had jumped on their May delivery and received it in July. They have not yet started general shipping. Seems to be working well and generally good feedback overall from users. Some good videos as well on YT.

P

pluc99

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Could you tell me more about the fan please,I’m curious and interested
The unit fits into the existing cutout between the cooler cabinet and the cabinet under the stove. It extracts some of the heat produced by the cooler into the adjacent (under stove) cabinet, taking its power from the same circuit as the cooler. It therefore runs whenever the cooler is cooling and supposedly makes negligible noise.
The idea is that in spite of some extra power used by the fan there will be a net reduction in power consumption used for the cooler and it may also prevent the cooler from overheating on very hot days.
I don’t know if the numbers add up but it taking some of the heat away from under the cooler seems like a good idea.
This video is in German, but you can turn off the sound and fast skip through it to get an idea of what it looks like.

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
The fan blows the warm air into the cabinet/ interior of the van.
For the past 2 years I brought with me a second fridge (Waeco CDF26) that I kept in the boot of my Ocean, and in summer with 30-35° C it did made the inside of the van much hotter, and therefore this year I am leaving it at home. Would I want now to install a fan that blows hot air from the fridge inside the cabin ? No , thanks.
As far as I know the onboard battery charger, has been relocated on later T6 and T6.1, so there's already less heat near the fridge that needs dissipating and more room.
Finally, from actual direct use-experience, last two years in Italy with 35° C the fridge set on 5-6 had no problems keeping the food/drinks cold, despite the second fridge blowing more hot air in!!

If I was concerned, I would first try just removing the cover next to the grey water lever where this fan would be supposed to go, to allow for some air circulation.

VW California Club