Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

what is this? (cali excl.)

Jonas R.

Jonas R.

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi, folks!

Cleaned my watertank today. Was impressed, or surprised, its HUGE...

Well, while cleaning the tank and cleaning the area around the toilettank i found a mysterious hose. I cant find anything about it in any other forum or in the manual. I i really cant figure out what it´s for...

Anyone who knows?

20170619_211245.jpg

Hi, folks!

Cleaned my watertank today. Was impressed, or surprised, its HUGE...

Well, while cleaning the tank and cleaning the area around the toilettank i found a mysterious hose. I cant find anything about it in any other forum or in the manual. I i really cant figure out what it´s for...

Anyone who knows?

View attachment 22965
What is it connected too? The water tank?

If it is then it could be a DIY filler system. Many sites have fully serviced pitches with water and waste points as well as Mains Hookup.

My old van (T4 exc) had one, but I ever worked out what it was. Hoping to learn the answers too.

Yep, connected to the tank. AND the toilet! It doesnt look very "DYI" to me, very nice fitted. It´s hard to see in the pic but there is a T-split, one hose to the tank, via the pump (i guess) and the other one to the toilet...

I´ll try to figure out som more abut the hoses tomorrow...

I was thinking it´s a shower connection... Any thoughts on that?

Roger that Jonas, my money's on shower connection.

Why would you have a Shower Connection to the Water Tank AND the Toilet, I presume the Toilet Flush tank and not the Waste side?

It's for washing boots/dogs or I guess you could attach a shower, you have to turn the tap on either the kitchen or bathroom to use it. I'm pretty sure it's not connected to the toilet since the toilet doesn't have a seperate water supply. All the Exclusives have one.

It's for washing boots/dogs or I guess you could attach a shower, you have to turn the tap on either the kitchen or bathroom to use it. I'm pretty sure it's not connected to the toilet since the toilet doesn't have a seperate water supply. All the Exclusives have one.

What do you mean by that - isn´t the toilet "flush" connected to the water tank? I think it is.

And if it´s meant to be used for washing there should be an shower handle or similar... I have searched for hours but never found any information about this...

I suppose if the shower head you use can get a micro switch back to the pump, then no need to open either of the other taps.
As Jonas R points out, his photo is an inside shower !

What do you mean by that - isn´t the toilet "flush" connected to the water tank? I think it is.

And if it´s meant to be used for washing there should be an shower handle or similar... I have searched for hours but never found any information about this...

It is connected to the water tank. It's mentioned in this post a few times:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=75351

Might take a while to get through it though.

You can activate the flush to drain the water tank with it, I always just drain it with the cap behind the wheel though. Much faster.

You can activate the flush to drain the water tank with it, I always just drain it with the cap behind the wheel though. Much faster.

Ahaa.... But why? Really.. Why would u drain the tank with this hose instead of using the screw underneath?

Well well:

So we got two options:
1. For draining,
2. Outside Shower

Is the draining option the original purpose?

Think i found it. But it doesnt make me any wiser...

I´ll continue the search...

Following. Im forgot about this pipe. I need to get down into this area as there's a load of manky water fallen back from the sink on mine and it smells bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back