Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this?

GrahamB

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Morning all. Spent a satisfying hour or so cleaning roof gullies and drains yesterday (which may be irrelevant) and then when I went to close the roof, found this plastic part in the driver side footwell. It looks like it is severed at the flared end and that the narrow end would be a push/click fit into a socket. I can’t see any obvious places that it might have come from. Any ideas what it might be?

A2C00DD5-2D90-4A0E-8741-F5F8F2DCE093.jpeg

570D5163-2B1D-4F02-B2C9-961FAD2F333A.jpeg

Did you have the Ocean from new?
Not seen that anywhere from memory.

I had mine from new and found a large 6” x 1/2” circular disc with ribs and a hole.
I asked here, and they said it was from one of the many machines that help put the vehicle together.

I had mine from new and found a large 6” x 1/2” circular disc with ribs and a hole.
I asked here, and they said it was from one of the many machines that help put the vehicle together.
Yes, from new. Could be something like that, but strange that it has suddenly appeared from nowhere after 2.5 years of ownership! Alternatively maybe it got stuck to my shoe in B&Q carpark? :D

Could have come from a pressure washer or garden light spike?

Screenshot_20230703_153317_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230703_153450_Google.jpg

Looks like a panel support, it has a clip on the unbroken end and a flange to hold it in position, i.e. as if it locates into a corresponding hole used for fixing A panel (possibly the dash)
could it have been in your dash for two & a half years ? Quite possibly

Found it

it’s not from the dash ?
its from the only other possible place !

Do you have Dark trim on the drivers / passenger seat side ?

I think it’s from the seat trim plastics (sides)

see attached

have you had any work done on your seats ? Edit fitted seat covers ?

4FECB162-D5E1-4726-9031-07AC90802D92.jpeg

Last edited:
Also available in dark grey.
there is one either side, so could be either or both that’s damaged

View attachment 110603
Yes that’s it! Yes I have fitted seat covers, must have done some damage then and its now worked its way out. Or it might have been when the underseat sub was fitted. I wonder where it has been hiding with multiple seat rotations. Anyway thanks @Perfectos for solving the mystery, now I need to go and have a look and see if it needs repairing or replacing!

Back