Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this rubber bit?

edocali

edocali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I found this rubber bit on my driveway and I am wondering if it comes from my T6 Ocean.
I looked at doors but can’t find a place it may be missing from …

357906C2-8C56-4A44-9A39-22E218E42F92.jpeg

Last edited:
Its a buffer off the front edge of the metal bed frame, stops the sliding bench jamming the seatbelts when the bench is pushed back against the frame. They are always falling out. Should be two - one on each side.

Thanks! What a forum !
I would have never found out ... because both bits are missing

I didn't manage to put it back in, I guess it goes in this plastic corner IMG_3212.JPG which could be unscrewed to push in the round rubber buffer back.

How does one order spares for such a tiny thing ?

Yes thats the hole they fit in, need pulling in from behind rather than pushing.
Available in the club shop under VW Spares at £5.99 for a pair.

Thanks! What a forum !
I would have never found out ... because both bits are missing

I didn't manage to put it back in, I guess it goes in this plastic corner View attachment 77901 which could be unscrewed to push in the round rubber buffer back.

How does one order spares for such a tiny thing ?
Best refit with a small dob of super glue.

I found this rubber bit on my driveway and I am wondering if it comes from my T6 Ocean.
I looked at doors but can’t find a place it may be missing from …
This rubber stop is one of the bits most enquired about on this site. It's a shame that VW can't be bothered to make them more secure by sticking them.

This rubber stop is one of the bits most enquired about on this site. It's a shame that VW can't be bothered to make them more secure by sticking them.
They've given up and omitted them completely on the T6.1!

No its a complete redesign, not even a metal shelf any more.

I wouldn't actually be worried about replacing them, I gave up after numerous attempts to keep them attached.

Has the bed frame corner a different plastic cover ? can you post a 6.1 pic?
As Andy said,

Iv gave up replacing mine. 2 Cali's, lots of lost bits, around 500 nights without and no problems.

Thanks all, well ... my order is placed.
I will add glue and if the new bits will stay, fine, else I won't bother again.

No its a complete redesign, not even a metal shelf any more.

I wouldn't actually be worried about replacing them, I gave up after numerous attempts to keep them attached.
I think the rubber bungs are to allow rear seat belts free flow and not get trapped where rear shelf meets rear seat in emergency. I could be wrong but I would keep them there with spot of glue.

Thanks all, well ... my order is placed.
I will add glue and if the new bits will stay, fine, else I won't bother again.
I’m trying to find them on the shop site but can’t! Could you tell me what they are listed as?
thanks

I think I can see why these get dislodged. If the seat back is dropped without the bench being pulled forward far enough the top of the seat comes down onto the side of the rubber stopper.

£2.47 a pair from dealerimage.jpg

Back