Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this?

Eremita

Eremita

I was looking under the van as it seemed a lot of water coming from the air conditioner

DAEE88E4-2E50-41E7-8E75-7BE1808B57ED.jpeg

anf I found this red box with two flashing lights

2F0F85B3-9536-4A9D-94D0-543760E51CCA.jpeg160F49A3-643A-4622-BFEF-2E836F1E3D24.jpeg

Do you have any idea? What is it?

Tx

Strange don’t think that should be there ????have you been in to the dealers for any work recently??

Could it be something to do with headlight beam adjustment that a mechanic left behind?

I see an air suspension height sensor, do you have a remote control for that?
It might be the receiver box, just a guess.

Try tracing the red wire back.

No, I bought the van one month ago from a vw dealer. It’s a 2016 beach.
Btw, what is it and where it should be? Tomorrow I can make a call to the dealer with a precise idea...

I see an air suspension height sensor, do you have a remote control for that?
It might be the receiver box, just a guess.

Try tracing the red wire back.
No, or at least I don’t know

By the look of the cable ties it’s not been left there by mistake.??

One more question: how much water usually comes out when stopping the van with air con on?
Did not remember this amount with my previous t5. Have never seen, to be honest.
This is from the T6, front and rear
image.jpg

Looks like a speaker symbol, might be an alarm sounding unit but for what?
tracing the wire back seems the only method to uncover it's purpose.

Have a look under the front wheel arch over the top of the tyre at the suspension strut, if a steel spring there then normal suspension but if a rubber bag of some sort then it has air suspension but should have a control unit panel inside or a remote.

With a start from above i found this being an anti rodent system, like having a dedicated cat to guard the Cali. First time I've come across such a device.

I think there will be no problem at all.
The water at the front is probably from the airo at the front.
The water at the rear is from the airco at the rear.
The red box is indeed ultrasonic anti rodent.
The height sensor if for auto levelling of the xenon/LED headlights.

You could track the airo water outlet down if you open the bonnet. Look behind the engine under the windscreen wipers. In the heath shield there will be a black rubber plug with a nose downwards. There is the airo outlet at the front.
The water at the rear would look like this:
IMG_20190724_134930.jpg
Or even worse if the environment is more damp than in France this summer.

The more humid the atmosphere then the more water from the Aircon drains.

Front airco water outlet is behind the air filter housing.
IMG_20190825_161955.jpg

I admit I did’t know about martens problem, which seems to be a quite big issue in alpin countries.
By the way, I had a deeper look at the system
81B12FC3-1FCF-470C-A614-5647B08A0F54.jpeg2A708F33-9C04-4856-90D1-B0A2416E8FF6.jpeg

And the switch that automatically cut the voltage when opening the bonnet... hopefully
9E73C8B3-78A1-4932-A533-0C09EB83255A.jpeg

Ha, those pesky martens. If they can bring down the Large Hadron Collider, think what they can do to your Cali...

Where I live (south Bucks), the big problem is glis glis. They do a lot of damage to house wiring, and I hear them rampaging around in our ceiling, although I've not yet heard of a car being attacked.

There is a letter in July MMM magazine about exactly this
Dave and Lisa

Ha, those pesky martens. If they can bring down the Large Hadron Collider, think what they can do to your Cali...

Where I live (south Bucks), the big problem is glis glis. They do a lot of damage to house wiring, and I hear them rampaging around in our ceiling, although I've not yet heard of a car being attacked.

If they survived to 66000v, then my 220v system won’t help a lot :D

Ah! This is an interesting thread.

I had to fork out £500 for a new sensor for the AdBlue system as the wires were chewed through by a rodent of some sort.

Have any others used these devices and have any recommendation as to effectiveness and best models to buy?

Mods - apologies if this should be on another thread ...

Ah! This is an interesting thread.

I had to fork out £500 for a new sensor for the AdBlue system as the wires were chewed through by a rodent of some sort.

Have any others used these devices and have any recommendation as to effectiveness and best models to buy?

Mods - apologies if this should be on another thread ...
Don’t know if it’s effective, but The previous owner was a guy living in the Alps, so it seems to be a real problem.
I took some information, this model is very well sold in Germany, switzerland and austria

Back