Votes: 55 14.3%
  • Toffee Brown

Votes: 16 4.2%
  • Deep Black

Votes: 29 7.5%
  • Dark Wood

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
I never ever ever thought i would order a vehicle in a colour described as Beige but the Mojave isn't really what i would describe as beige and looks really good
Subtle and under the radar colour

The 2 tone and particularly the red and white makes them look like ice cream vans and marks them out as camper vans

The solid colours are less in your face and van like the yellow will just attract insects

.......insert some random comment here supporting your own choice.....

.......insert some random comment here supporting your own choice.....
And why not
Otherwise the whole thread would be a waste of time
Who in their right mind would order a Cali in anything but the colour of their choice, that choice would based upon either logic or whim but it would be a choice and then that choice would be and will be justified by the owner or regretted later

Their are trends in car colours, white was obviously very popular a couple of years or so ago, now there are lots and lots of the flat grey and browns.

Colour can and will affect future value as trends fade, A mate of mine lost out £10k because he bought a Ferrari in yellow instead of read and re sale was that much less because of his choice luckily he could afford that hit

Oh

My comments are not in any way meant to be defamatory to other owners with colours that are not to my taste.

To each their own and long may that be the case

What a shame bamboo green is no longer available. Ours takes on different shades of blue or green depending on the light and looks much better than the name might suggest!

And why not
Otherwise the whole thread would be a waste of time
Who in their right mind would order a Cali in anything but the colour of their choice, that choice would based upon either logic or whim but it would be a choice and then that choice would be and will be justified by the owner or regretted later

Their are trends in car colours, white was obviously very popular a couple of years or so ago, now there are lots and lots of the flat grey and browns.

Colour can and will affect future value as trends fade, A mate of mine lost out £10k because he bought a Ferrari in yellow instead of read and re sale was that much less because of his choice luckily he could afford that hit

Hence being on our third Beige van now, one Sand now third Mojave. I think the name does it down, if they had called it Titanium it would be more popular IMO.
We regularly accompany our friends in their Indium grey van, they are also onto their third having Natural Grey before the other two. Both vans complement each other. Mojave hides the dirt and when polished in the Sun changes from Grey to Brown through Silver and a multitude of other colours. I prefer Mojave to Sand being slightly darker but both pimp up nice.

Just checked the VW site and Bamboo Garden Green is available, then looked at the original date of this post and realised the colours listed are older options. My vote out of the current colour option would, as you might have guessed, be for Bamboo Garden Green.

Just checked the VW site and Bamboo Garden Green is available, then looked at the original date of this post and realised the colours listed are older options. My vote out of the current colour option would, as you might have guessed, be for Bamboo Garden Green.
It will be interesting to see if the new T6.1 comes up with different colour options like Pure Grey.

Ice cream van!!! Well how very dare you :D
I did think that as i typed

Hence my comment about each to their own etc

Just to my eyes and in particular the red and white one just does not carry it off mainly, and again in my eyes, because there isnt the swooping front like the old style campers

As I said ech to their own and as long as everyone is happy then so am I

What a shame bamboo green is no longer available. Ours takes on different shades of blue or green depending on the light and looks much better than the name might suggest!
The two tone Bamboo Green / White looks great, we nearly bought an Ocean in that colour.

Some of these colours should really be pensioned-off, but I guess VW know their demographic ... I'd like to see some flatter more up-to-date choices available, there's also an excellent orange on VW Transporters I've seen in Europe.

Seems a fairly clear demarcation in the poll between the jolly seaside types and Rover 800 crowd. My ex-neighbour had a yellow Beach which I thought looked fantastic, but I also understand why people go sober with their 25% tax-free lump sums too.

Full disclosure: I wouldn't have specced my Acapulco Blue, but it was a Demo & it's since grown on me esp. in sunshine. Vive la difference, there aren't any bad Cali colours.

Some of these colours should really be pensioned-off, but I guess VW know their demographic ... I'd like to see some flatter more up-to-date choices available, there's also an excellent orange on VW Transporters I've seen in Europe.

Seems a fairly clear demarcation in the poll between the jolly seaside types and Rover 800 crowd. My ex-neighbour had a yellow Beach which I thought looked fantastic, but I also understand why people go sober with their 25% tax-free lump sums too.

Full disclosure: I wouldn't have specced my Acapulco Blue, but it was a Demo & it's since grown on me esp. in sunshine. Vive la difference, there aren't any bad Cali colours.
I agree. Most of the current colours are very dull. However VW may have done that to maintain residuals. Snazzy new colours can go out of fashion quite quickly. However, I would like to see them be a bit more adventurous.

Our previous van was Acapulco Blue. Best colour on the current pallet. I would have had that again but was out voted.

We bought red on our T5. Never regretted it for one second. After all it’s a camper van and red seemed to be the cheeriest colour....We always get loads of positive comments on all the campsites we have been on.....

We bought red on our T5. Never regretted it for one second. After all it’s a camper van and red seemed to be the cheeriest colour....We always get loads of positive comments on all the campsites we have been on.....
Even though ours is Mojave I do like Red it always seems to pop.

The 2 tone and particularly the red and white makes them look like ice cream vans
The old monocoque Autosleeper fibreglass motorhomes used to look like ice cream vans with the big rectangular side windows. I sent our kids over to one once to get an ice cream and they fell for it! :D

No one has ever been to our Cali for a 99 though. Maybe a cuppa!

A0294706-B9A7-4828-8848-D885A16CD26E.png

Last edited:
Acapulco Blue Metallic in the single colours and candy white/starlight blue in the 2 tone. Candy white also gets an honourable mention

I had plans for a white one.
Black awning, black windows.

Still stuck with my Olympian Blue.

@motacyclist - i think i may have been behind you on the A55 a few weeks ago, i turned off at St Asaph.
16 plate blue and white 204 4mo. Was it you?

Back