• 8 percent

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
B

Billy Boston

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hiya
New to the forum.Have a T25 for many years time for a change.
Looking at Cali T5 2012 20000 miles.Spec 180PS BiTDI DSG 2 litre.
Dealer asking for £40,000.Excellant condition brand new tyres has some extras. No part exchange or finance required.
Live in rural Scotland so hard to come by Cali's .Does this sound a good starting price?
Any advice re reasonable discount to expect and what questions to ask.
Just found your website to-day will be a great help to us .Thanks to date.

Welcome!

Sounds high to me to be honest, for not too much more (in relative terms) you could possibly find a Ex Demo or pre registered Cali with under 1,000 miles from a VW dealer.

For a 2012 180 I'd say around £37,000 from a dealer would be a fairer price.

A 2012 will be out of warranty, so something to consider when spending nearly £40k.

Just had a look at the Cali's on here and prices are fairly high so wonder how many are actually selling.

These are only my opinion / guesstimates of course :)

Welcome!

Sounds high to me to be honest, for not too much more (in relative terms) you could possibly find a Ex Demo or pre registered Cali with under 1,000 miles from a VW dealer.

A 2012 will be out of warranty, so something to consider when spending nearly £40k.

Just had a look at the Cali's on here and prices are fairly high so wonder how many are actually selling.

Actually, didn't see the DSG bit, which does add a premium. Still can't help thinking I'd try searching for a Ex Demo T5 if I was spending £40k

Hi, you could give Swiss Vans a call. I have been told they can get sometimes find one at a good price?

Good luck with your search.

steve.

Ha that made no sense!!!!!! They can sometimes find them at a good price........

Steve.

You will have to travel for the right one. Have a look in the for sale section and try an offer. Some of them have been there a while

Hiya
New to the forum.Have a T25 for many years time for a change.
Looking at Cali T5 2012 20000 miles.Spec 180PS BiTDI DSG 2 litre.
Dealer asking for £40,000.Excellant condition brand new tyres has some extras. No part exchange or finance required.
Live in rural Scotland so hard to come by Cali's .Does this sound a good starting price?
Any advice re reasonable discount to expect and what questions to ask.
Just found your website to-day will be a great help to us .Thanks to date.
40K sounds expensive for an out of warrantee 2012 model. Having said that, you haven't mentioned the spec. If it has a very high spec and is in mint condition then the price may be a fair one. In the end, regardless of what it is, any vehicle is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

If you check the VW Commercial website for used vehicles you will see a number low mileage 2015 SE dsgs for sale for not that much more. If you are prepared travel, go for a 140 bhp, and haggle hard I am sure that you could find one for around the same price as your example.

Welcome!

Thanks everybody for your excellent contributions.All very helpful.Nearly there with a purchase and looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Our high spec 2012 cost £44k .........in 2012 (97miles on clock) £40k in 2016 seems high.