Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What should I buy?

Hantshog

Hantshog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I am thinking of buying a new California. First I am going to hire one. But I would like to know what members think of their optional extras and engine sizes and where should I buy one (I am based in the south) to get an excellent deal. Would be keen to know if 10% discount is realistic. Has anyone experience of autoebid? Also what are the running costs other than the initial outlay, insurance, servicing. Are there meetings and rallies? Do people buy them and use it constantly the first year then start not using it over a period of time to the point they no longer go away in it for whatever reason.
What extras are worth their weight in gold and what was unnecessary? What extra do you regret not having? Lots of questions but if I am going to shell out £50k I want to get it right first time. My ideal choice would be the 200bhp DSG Ocean. One thing my wife wants to know too is, does the fridge make much/any noise?
I appreciate any advice and experiences from members. Thanks

Welcome ,
I am gonne answer one Q ...
No the fridge does not make lots of noise , you hear it but does not disturb
The auxilairy heater is noisier ...but would not do without.
I did one.
All the other Q's are for the co- members....;)
There are treads on witch options are must have...look it up , lots to read in the T6 section

Lots of questions there, agree fridge is quiet. 10% discount not happening at the moment with the new model but not far off. Go for a test drive, hire one, see how you like it. I tell you know by the time you have decided which model/engine/gearbox/colour/extras you like then ring round for quotes and then order one you will be lucky to get it before Autumn. Snap up an outgoing T5 demo or T6 demo and accept the configuration it has or expect a long wait, prime season now for ordering. As for all those questions a lot of them are personal choice but my advice after your test drive etc. is to spend hours reading this forum and searching out answers, you will find what you are looking for. Vast amount of info on here and could save you a lot of cash. Welcome to the forum, hiring is a great way to start, that's what we did, plenty of members on here hire out theirs. :)

thanks hotel california t5 and larrylamb for your responses. i will take your advice and have a good look at other threads on the forum. I know there is a premium when buying new but I really want to choose quite a few extras as I intend keeping the vehicle for a very long time. Of course balancing a wish list with cost is a challenge so want to ensure I spend wisely on extras. In no immediate hurry to buy and happy to wait especially if prices are seasonal. great news regarding the fridge too. My wife will go mad if the fridge makes noises throughout the night. Website looks to be a fantastic source of info. Thanks

You need to listen to the fridge for yourself (well, herself). It's not loud, but it's a small version of what you've got in your home (same tech) and you sleep with your head very close to this one. All depends on how sensitive she is.

Hi Hants hog, nice to see We will have a near neighbour when you get your Cali and you will get one once you have hired one guaranteed, we did. We hired from Bognor Campervan hire. We are in Turk town next door, awaiting delivering of our 204 DSG 4 motion ocean , sand beige.
Can't remember hearing the fridge at all. We went to Nov meet at Twesksbury in our hire van, great bunch of people. Read forum for answers to your questions, they will be on here somewhere.

You may be able to get a better discount if you ring round some dealers at month end, as some may well have other targets to hit (e.g. volume on certain models). Obviously you do need to be ready to put your order in there and then. That's worked well for me before. Good luck :)