Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What vehicle (T5 or conversion) for £15K

Someone I know is after a T5 or conversion.
He’d like pop roof and kitchen & fridge.
Max spend £15k
Any ideas of the best version for this money.
Thanks for suggestions.
Isn’t this a California club? You will be very lucky if you get a Cali for that price. Even a scrap one.

My first T5 conversion was £19K - not a great conversion, but it got me started & taught me a lot about what I did (and more importantly) didn't need out of a van, and confirmed that I can run one as my only vehicle.

Nothing wrong with starting out cheaper & testing things out - not everyone has sky-high standards or requirements, it's a broad church.

My T5 LeisureDrive conversion will soon be up for sale. It is 2007 and was converted within 6 months by them. It took me ages to find it in 2015 and paid over £20k and it's still immaculate with 81k miles. It has 3 way fridge, twin hob, oven and grill, Zig electrics and side tilting roof like those T4's. I'll be looking for around £23k

20220831_110316.jpg

Mine is unmolested with one owner since conversion. He was military logistics so it was spot on. Full history and service irrespective of mileage. We've had for now 8 years and all that we've replaced is a spring, the intercooler and recently the DMF and clutch (only as it was a little juddery). I've added the Thunder alloys and michelin tyres, reversing sensors, wetsfalia towbar for our Atera cycle rack and a pioneer dab/android auto head unit. It's the 1.9tdi was 84hp but remapped to 105 for safety. I can often get arond 700miles out of tank!! Only used for hols mostly in Scotland but it has been down to Naples and back with no issues

Back