Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What velcro for used Isotop?

slidingaround

slidingaround

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

I bought a used Brandrup Isotop for my T6 Ocean.
I haven't got round to fitting it yet, I need to obviously buy some new velcro, can anyone recommend a good place to get it?

Also, what measurement do I need? I read on here someone bought 25mm but I presume I need 10mm as that's the width of the hook on the Isotop strip.
Will a 10 M roll surfice?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I bought a used Brandrup Isotop for my T6 Ocean.
I haven't got round to fitting it yet, I need to obviously buy some new velcro, can anyone recommend a good place to get it?

Also, what measurement do I need? I read on here someone bought 25mm but I presume I need 10mm as that's the width of the hook on the Isotop strip.
Will a 10 M roll surfice?

Thanks in advance.
I bought a 10m reel of 10mm from eBay, tandg-furniture. It was Velcro loop.
I used it as a stop gap as I wanted to fit the isotop in the cold rather than wait until it was 18degrees (min temp for the “proper“ Velcro supplied). It has stuck ok but has pulled away in the front corners.

I bought a 10m reel of 10mm from eBay, tandg-furniture. It was Velcro loop.
I used it as a stop gap as I wanted to fit the isotop in the cold rather than wait until it was 18degrees (min temp for the “proper“ Velcro supplied). It has stuck ok but has pulled away in the front corners.

Thanks, I will take the plunge on the 10mm x 10 M roll. I have found a Velcro brand version so guessing it should be pretty good on the adhesive.
I hear it's a nightmare to fit, hopefully won't be too bad.

Thanks, I will take the plunge on the 10mm x 10 M roll. I have found a Velcro brand version so guessing it should be pretty good on the adhesive.

It’s worth getting one of these rollers for applying the self adhesive Velcro:

66A377B8-18F2-4E03-A1DD-CA30F98FB11F.png

Follow these instructions and it's not so bad to fit...

The stuff I got was Velcro. From the seller Tandg-furniture, £12.99. I think the Brandrup supply a 3M tape.

I mounted our isotop in 25 C degrees. Now after 3 years the self adhesive have started to loosen up in the front corners. I think most likely due to moisture building up there on cold nights.

I mounted our isotop in 25 C degrees. Now after 3 years the self adhesive have started to loosen up in the front corners. I think most likely due to moisture building up there on cold nights.
Front corners on mine have pulled away too!

Front corners on mine have pulled away too!
how have you guys re-glued the Velcro to the van frame, what product/glue did you use? The velcro strip of my Isotop has also started becoming detached on the front corners, I believe because of the heat softening the glue...

how have you guys re-glued the Velcro to the van frame, what product/glue did you use? The velcro strip of my Isotop has also started becoming detached on the front corners, I believe because of the heat softening the glue...
I just had the same issue after 3 years so I removed the old velcro all along the front edge and 20cm back from the corners. Difficult getting the old glue off but patience and lots a white spirit prevailed! Replaced it with Velcro brand 10mm tape from Amazon, all good so far :)
Think all this 30C + heat is not good for the adhesive.

Back