Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What would stop you buying a used Cali

Which of these if not to your taste /specified would STOP you buying a california

• Total voters
L

Legin

Guest User
Interested to see what are the show stoppers are from a resale viewpoint. Dealers say some are essential options lets see. The idea is what are the max three things would stop you buying the van.

two important things missed off the list.

Lack of tow bar

Lack of kitchen

Ultra low milage for the year. Indicates it has spent part of the time doing nothing on someone’s drive, so probably not stored properly despite the FSH.

I think anything that could not be changed after the purcahse would make a huge difference. Colours the more obvious one. Things like a radio, wheels or no priacy glass could be changed or added later.

Interesting to see the top items which are as you would expect. i screwed up putting LED,s of course no one would object , I should have put halogens then we would have seen the priority. However the LED poll covers it fairly well and indicating that its probably quite high on the list of a number of used buyers.

So a DSG in your preferred colour with factory tints are a no brainer. Possibly LED headlights next ?Then further down parking sensors (surprised me this one in such a vehicle) and cruise.

Residual smell of smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If previously used to house chickens or for muck spreading I'd probably give it a miss. :Nailbiting Oh and if it didn't have a parking heater.

Otherwise I'd consider anything providing it was in A1 mint condition. If it's a Cali, either version, it will give you that sense of freedom in spades regardless of it's spec or lack there of. A fully specced up Cali may have lots of pleasing toys to keep you occupied but they won't enhance that all important feeling you get when you pull up in the back of beyond, cook a meal, watch the sun go down and get a good nights sleep in your own mobile cocoon. Therefore I'd even consider a basic bog standard stock Cali which for me has a special appeal as it represents the raw essence of this wonderful vehicle. It would keep you warm, dry, comfortable as well enabling you to cook a meal, make a brew and get a wonderful nights sleep. What more do you really need? Whilst nice, 4motion, LEDs, flashy wheels, App connect etc etc etc will not improve on that.

Last edited:
None of them really, clear windows potentially but even they are easily resolved. Only colour I dont like is the greeny yellow to be honest and even that I could be persuaded. :)

Personally I wouldn't like DIY mods.

Parking heater every day of the week, followed by rascal colours...but that’s subjective.

Also, it always amazes me how negative people are about manual transmission, how often do you lot change gear?!? I can travel miles in 6th gear with cruise control and never need to touch the clutch, especially on motorways...maybe it’s the same people who need a mattress for the bench seat bed ;)

it had a MarcoPolo badge on it.

Parking sensors. If i could only have one option, it must be that! I could make do without the rest, like @Borris said, at the end of the day, having 2 x double beds at your disposal in a vehicle not much bigger than an estate car, amazing!!!!

- I don’t think there is a bad Cali colour? - I’ve never seen one I’d reject just on paint.

- Having had a very early ‘54 plate DSG Touran I was sold on it & all my cars since have been auto except for my T5 conversion - the absence of DSG is now a dealbreaker.

- I had a parking heater retrofitted to my delivery-mileage unused Dealer Demo T6 Beach, it was the only must-have missing &

... meant I could collect the van on the Friday having only seen it online on the Tuesday ...