Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best and worst colours

MadMechanic

MadMechanic

VIP Member
We are looking to change to a T6 Beach next year and the biggest decision for us is the colour, we just cant decide! I know there is a thread about Blackberry but I just want to get an idea of the colours to avoid especially for resale as we sell our vans every three years.

So, if you was buying again ( not counting your current cali ) What colour would you choose, and what colour would you avoid at all costs?

Thanks for the help

Probably plain flat cooking white. It always looks crisp and clean even when its grubby. It's also easier and cheaper to touch in if you get a ding. Second choice grey and third beige.

I would have had yellow if it were available in SE spec. Although Mrs would have probably disagreed and the kids would have blamed me for so many others with resulting dead arms.

Best Grey, Blue or White

Worst, Yellow, Blackberry & browns

I like all the colours but if it's not important to you pick white or red and save the price of the metallic option. They will always sell in my opinion.

Best Grey, Blue or White

Worst, Yellow, Blackberry & browns
OMG I would have had Yellow or Blackberry, but ended up with 'Dark Wood'. Good job beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!.

I think the Primary colours Red and Yellow - are marmite.

You also here a lot of Plumbers Van comments with a white van, but they do look really good if you pimp them up a bit with black alloys and some more black trim bits - but for resale I think some people are a bit anti-white, probably because they are the cheapest vans for converters.

I think the boring metalic colours will have the most widespread appeal Silver, Grey, Beige, - no body loves them but nobody hates them. I recently sold a grey SE in record time.

However as you can see from all of the comments above - there will be a lover of all colours, so just get your favorite and enjoy it, and if you really don't care get the cheapest!

At risk of repeating myself on 2 threads today. For me the best colour is not the one which does not show the dirt. It is the one which looks better dirty. Less effort and more time to enjoy the van.
(On that basis I have ordered mine in 'Bamboo Garden Green'. If it is like any garden of mine it will look dishevelled and overgrown on delivery}

i was in two minds having never seen a yellow in the flesh - but i genuinely love it ..... i have not yet seen another on the road but be warned / prepared to get waved at and flashed at by everyone who knows you - and if you plan on having an affair its def the wrong colour ..... and it looks good dirty / dusty / sandy

Why ask this question....isn't this a totally personal decision?

We had a T5 conversion which was the pale metallic green. Didn't show the dirt, but when it was stolen my wife and I decided the new van had to be a different colour. We now have a blackberry ocean. It's funny, I wasn't keen on the colour but the idea grew on me and I ended up talking my wife into it. I must admit to a few wavers after reading some of these comments...

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"

Probably plain flat cooking white. It always looks crisp and clean even when its grubby. It's also easier and cheaper to touch in if you get a ding. Second choice grey and third beige.
My neighbours just got shot of their white BMW after 18 months - they wash their cars 2 a week come rain or shine and still complained it was always dirty... So I guess white is only for those who have time and inclination to wash a lot...

My neighbours just got shot of their white BMW after 18 months - they wash their cars 2 a week come rain or shine and still complained it was always dirty... So I guess white is only for those who have time and inclination to wash a lot...
They sound as if they are a bit on the OCD side to me. What colour car do they have now?:)

Can't understand why you would choose a colour based on what the next owner would want, I didn't and now blackberry it seems is top of most people's hit list, God knows how I'm going to sell it.

Can't understand why you would choose a colour based on what the next owner would want, I didn't and now blackberry it seems is top of most people's hit list, God knows how I'm going to sell it.

I have noticed in the classifieds over the years that a lot of people only keep a Cali for a year or so, I guess it is cheaper than hiring. If I was one of those people I would also want a colour that can sell quickly when it comes to selling. For people who plan to keep their van long term, yes go with your heart.

I like very much the yellow and red colours but would feel more conspicuous when wild camping :cool:

Alan

They sound as if they are a bit on the OCD side to me. What colour car do they have now?:)
Dark grey metallic... (But still gets washed 2ce a week). I'm tempted to leave the Cali on their drive and see if they will clean it. After my trip back from NL the first comment when seeing the dead flies on tne front was "ooh it needs washng" - the rest of the Cali was clean. Needless to say I haven't cleaned it aince quite deliberately and it's reversed onto the drive ao they get full view of the flies... ;)
PS other than the OCD car cleaning they are lovely neighbours

I'm hoping to get a Mojave Beige Ocean next year. I had the same dilemmas choosing a colour. Beige doesn't seem to rank very highly when you read these forums , but I just think the colour needs renaming for the UK. It barely sounds one step up from Magnolia to me!

I have Mojave Beige and think it perfect. Discreet but gets admired by all when seen in the flesh (Tin). Probably why VW use it in the brochure and adverts. Exudes class :Grin
Personally I think get what you want and be happy.:happy I don't think there is a wrong colour.

We almost went for that colour. The dealer said it should be called champagne!

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"

Back