Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best and worst colours

Love Silver... Best air conditioning for hot weather camping/driving. Sure it remains a bit ubiquitous but looks quite good and if silver really is the best for heat reflection in summer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been thinking about this in our household and have agreed that as far as we can see there is NO wrong colour for the Cali - it looks good in all of them and it's just up to your preference.

I have been monitoring the classifieds over the past few months and certain colours do take much longer to sell than others, even if they are priced right. As said above if it is a keeper then go with your heart but if you intend to sell soon you may be best buying a safe colour.

I have been monitoring the classifieds over the past few months and certain colours do take much longer to sell than others, even if they are priced right. As said above if it is a keeper then go with your heart but if you intend to sell soon you may be best buying a safe colour.

Care to share your findings please? I think this is just the sort of thing people worry about.

I like very much the yellow and red colours but would feel more conspicuous when wild camping :cool:

Alan
It's not as obvious as you'd think when you're out in nature. Sticks out more in concrete jungle setting.
IMG_5017.JPG

I would rather not say as people seem to get all defensive about this sort of thing , especially after the blackberry thread. I don't want to start another war.

My choice: Starlight Blue Metallic

f104207bf25054c1378dfbcc5368bc95.jpg

This is definitely a heart purchase for us, as opposed to head (which is screaming at me to reconsider!) so we went with a fun color as she will be about holidays, sports, and other fun stuff.

Had the kids been 10yrs older then we might have gone with blackberry or starlight blue as I can definitely see the appeal there, but we want them to remember both T4 & T5 as big red fun buses!

Resale issues don't even come into it for us. I'd think color is less likely to be a deciding factor than the various options we all seem to obsess about!

Huh? If you are buying a van and choosing a colour you like, why are you juxtaposing that a potential buyer of your van won't like your colour too? Favourite colours are favourite colours.

My only regret is that VW don't offer the California Ocean in 'proper' orange :)

DSC_0238.jpg

Huh? If you are buying a van and choosing a colour you like, why are you juxtaposing that a potential buyer of your van won't like your colour too? Favourite colours are favourite colours.

My only regret is that VW don't offer the California Ocean in 'proper' orange :)

DSC_0238.jpg
I had a brilliant orange t5. Love that colour!

I have never understood the orange colour, when ever we see a T5 in that colour I assume it is an ex RAC patrol van.

I have never understood the orange colour, when ever we see a T5 in that colour I assume it is an ex RAC patrol van.
Mine was! Beauty of a van.
The colour is lovely. But as this thread has shown, people have very different tastes!

Mine was! Beauty of a van.
The colour is lovely. But as this thread has shown, people have very different tastes!
And just as well or we would never find our motors in the car park.

Mike

I love the orange too. It was on the Beach options list at one point, but not sure if you can actually order it!

I love the orange too. It was on the Beach options list at one point, but not sure if you can actually order it!
I saw that too but asked my dealer excitedly to find that both the orange and pure grey shouldn't have been on there.

I saw that too but asked my dealer excitedly to find that both the orange and pure grey shouldn't have been on there.

I figured that might be the case, going by the lack of Orange and Pure Grey Californias around. Shame though!

I ordered a black one... I must be the first as i can hardely find pics of a black cali.

Looks like VW listened and now canned it

Back