What kind of cooking related videos would you like to see

• Total voters
Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
The

The new Cobb Premierre Air will have a removable bottom to make cleaning much easier. I have a SAfire as well (very similar to a Cobb) and the removable part at the bottom makes it much “friendlier” when cleaning.

Some people use the Cobb foil liners. They’re expensive initially but quite sturdy - a lot of people wash them and get 10-20 uses out of one. Lining the Cobb yourself with kitchen foil is doable, but a pain because of the shape.

Some people don’t clean them at all until they go home and then sandblast or use oven cleaner. Can’t say I’d fancy hauling round or using a filthy/greasy/burnt on Cobb!
I have an Ortlieb 20 litre, square, foldable “bucket”. Dimensions 30x30cm and 28cm high. You can leave the Cobb soaking in it overnight in soapy water. It folds down to next to nothing and fits the Cobb Premierre and Compact brilliantly.

It has loads of other uses as well so fits the multifunction criteria that’s so important when space is premium: washing bowl, water carrier, food prep bowl, storage box, carrying bag and big enough to soak your tired feet. You can turn it inside out, so 1 side for “clean” and the other for “dirty” purposes.

55B3F54A-563B-4CCA-AD99-F54972964A56.jpeg

Last edited:
Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
MattBW. I think written recipes as well as vids.

When out on the road it’s sometimes difficult to get internet and often if you do, not enough for streaming. Written recipes can be screen captured for reading whilst out and about.

So you could bone up before you go using the vid and have the written version to refer to when shopping & cooking.

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I know that its a bit of a cheat to make a curry this way but i
couldn't resist buying a few when i saw them.
I'm doing it with chicken but the instructions say to transfer to
a casserole dish with lid and bang it in the oven for 90mins.

I'm gonna cook it on the lowest gas setting for about 30mins.

The instructions also say ´Do not reheat´, why would that be? i understand the
bit about reheating meat but if you did a veggie one why can't you reheat it?
its only spices and a couple of sauces. 46444

MartG

MartG

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The instructions also say ´Do not reheat´, why would that be? i understand the
bit about reheating meat but if you did a veggie one why can't you reheat it?
its only spices and a couple of sauces.
If it has rice then needs eating once cooked as leaving cooked rice for long / re-heating can be very dodgy...

These meal kits are really good though, the Blue Dragon Thai ones are on offer in Asda now...

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
If it has rice then needs eating once cooked as leaving cooked rice for long / re-heating can be very dodgy...

These meal kits are really good though, the Blue Dragon Thai ones are on offer in Asda now...
No rice involved, thats why I'm a bit puzzled as to why they
say it shouldn't be reheated if it is a veggie curry.

MartG

MartG

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Pity, as most curries taste even better re-heated...
Might just be them covering themselves incase you re-heat to 30C then pass out...

MartG

MartG

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
For anyone with RidgeMonkey's FYI, they have a YouTube channel with lots of fairly good content -

You could also do most of them in a normal pan...

HTML