Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What wouldn’t Meatloaf do for love?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
Meatloaf said he’d “do anything for love“ but he “wouldn’t do that”…. Any thoughts?
Go camping?
Eat oysters?
Watch Love Island?

Meatloaf said he’d “do anything for love“ but he “wouldn’t do that”…. Any thoughts?
Go camping?
Eat oysters?
Watch Love Island?
Whatever’s in the previous line, eg in this verse he won’t forget the way she feels:

“But I'll never forget the way you feel right now,
Oh no, no way.
And I would do anything for love,
But I won't do that
No I won't do that”

Acknowledge that climate change is an actual thing. Or wear a face mask. Or get vaccinated against covid. (Apparently).

Great musician and entertainer, but some wacky ideas (just in my view) about some other stuff.

Maybe he " Wouldn't travel for Chickens, during Lockdown ".

Maybe he " Wouldn't travel for Chickens, during Lockdown ".

I guess I should have picked up the chickens to test my eyesight or on my way to a cheese and wine gathering.
d7c01576462f355c72cb36fd6702b676.jpg

Will “No I won’t get vax” be his epitaph?
Dunno but in future I fully expect there will be a law that you have to have engraved on your headstone the last thing you posted on Twitter or Facebook.

Go camping?
Eat oysters?
Watch Love Island?

The answer to your question:

But I’ll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life, no way
And I would do anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love
But I won’t do that, no I won’t do that

“I’D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON’T DO THAT]
The thing he won’t do, Meat Loaf said, is spelled out in the line before the chorus kicks in. In the lyrics above, for example, he’s saying he would do anything for love, but he won’t ever “stop dreaming of you every night of [his] life.”

“It’s the line before every chorus,” Meat Loaf explained.

In fact, four such promises are made during the course of the song, each time before a chorus kicks in. In addition to saying he’ll “never stop dreaming of you,” the singer also says he’ll “never forget the way you feel right now,” “never forgive myself if we don’t go all the way,” and “never do it better than I do it with you.”

And those, according to Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman, are the things he won’t do.

Things Meat Loaf says he will never do in the song:​

• Lie to you
  • Forget the way you feel right now
  • Forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight
  • Do it better than I do it with you
  • Stop dreaming of you every night of my life
  • See that it's time to move on
  • Be screwing around

• Forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight
  • Do it better than I do it with you
  • Stop dreaming of you every night of my life
  • See that it's time to move on
  • Be screwing around
Isn't the forum wounderful? Not only can you find out which fuse protects your night heater or fridge, but within three hours you can solve the meanings of song lyrics. Perhaps Sue Gray should consider its facility. I'm sure someone on here knows when what type of gathering is technically a party.

Last edited:
The answer to your question:

The thing he won’t do, Meat Loaf said, is spelled out in the line before the chorus kicks in. In the lyrics above, for example, he’s saying he would do anything for love, but he won’t ever “stop dreaming of you every night of [his] life.”

“It’s the line before every chorus,” Meat Loaf explained.

In fact, four such promises are made during the course of the song, each time before a chorus kicks in. In addition to saying he’ll “never stop dreaming of you,” the singer also says he’ll “never forget the way you feel right now,” “never forgive myself if we don’t go all the way,” and “never do it better than I do it with you.”

And those, according to Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman, are the things he won’t do.
A worthy theory but I think it was:

“Stop ringing my VW dealer for a confirmed build date!”