Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What your air con like?

bigmac77

bigmac77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Air con in our 6 month old T5 SE doesn't seem to get very cold, before I drive 40 miles to the nearest VW dealership I thought I'd take a straw pole as to what other peoples air con is like. There seemed to be little if any difference between it on or off when heating set to cold. It is not the 3-zone type. What's your like? How chilly does it get?

It depends on the temperature set. This year I have it set at 21 and hardly noticed it :D

Last year, in 40 degrees of Southern French heat wave it blasted out very cold air. Cooled the van to tolerable in minutes.

Ours gets plenty cold enough, perhaps yours needs a topup.

Reading your post again, at this time of the year I wouldn't expect the air with the aircon switched on to be much different in temperature to th ambient temperature outside.

Reading your post again, at this time of the year I wouldn't expect the air with the aircon switched on to be much different in temperature to th ambient temperature outside.

The air con in my other vehicles (Ford & Audi) is cooling significantly better when tested on the same day. It sounds like I'm answering my own question.

Incidentally mine isn't the 3 zone type either, only have AC in the front. Happy to put a temp gauge in front of it to get a feel for it.

Incidentally mine isn't the 3 zone type either, only have AC in the front. Happy to put a temp gauge in front of it to get a feel for it.

That would be really helpful, could you also make a note of the ambient temperature. Thanks Matt.

Air con!, we're still using the heated seats. :)

We went to visit family in mid wales over the weekend, driving back Sunday the sun was out and the massive windscreen was creating a greenhouse effect.

Ambient 15c
Inside Van 24c
Vent ac temp (on 2 and min temp) 6c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome Matt, thanks. I'll do a test tomorrow and see how mine compares.

It may have been colder but it got a bit too cold to hold the thermometer there haha.