Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's drawing current?

paradise city

paradise city

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all. Currently sitting in my van. Everything is switched off (apart from the console) but the display is still saying -0.6A.
Any idea what could be drawing current?
4c44b243cfec266ba241b63964344487.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi all. Currently sitting in my van. Everything is switched off (apart from the console) but the display is still saying -0.6A.
Any idea what could be drawing current?
4c44b243cfec266ba241b63964344487.jpg

Any 12v USB chargers left in a socket?

Check the Inverter is not on. Open the flap of the mains socket at the bottom of the passenger B Pillar.
Is there a LED light top left. If on and green in colour, I think, this indicate Inverter is powered up.

Any 12v USB chargers left in a socket?

Check the Inverter is not on. Open the flap of the mains socket at the bottom of the passenger B Pillar.
Is there a LED light top left. If on and green in colour, I think, this indicate Inverter is powered up.
can you switch the inverter off?

can you switch the inverter off?
When you plug into the Inverter Socket then a small microswitch is depressed, L upper side , which switches the Inverter On. This switch can occasionally stick On.
The only other way to switch the Inverter Off is to remove its fuse. 30 amp fuse under front Passenger Seat.

When you plug into the Inverter Socket then a small microswitch is depressed, L upper side , which switches the Inverter On. This switch can occasionally stick On.
The only other way to switch the Inverter Off is to remove its fuse. 30 amp fuse under front Passenger Seat.
Thanks! will have a look at the switch just to make sure. Had already fun tonight unplugging the fuse for the water pump.

Thanks for the replies. Is the inverter socket the hexagonal socket behind the passenger seat?

Yep, that's what it was. I'd left a USB adapter in there. It's now fluctuating between 0.0A and -0.2A.

Great stuff guys. Thanks again!
ed1b00371d03f41d5bbae6236c709424.jpg
27f836ba7e6422ae6eaf15c1f39dfb99.jpg

I had exactly the same experience, albeit was the slight whirring noise driving me mad during the night which led me to the inverter socket. Good catch.

Wow I didn't know that I leave my adaptor plugged in all the time and having just checked it I see the green light is on .....thanks for the tip it's now unplugged!

I was reading in the manual yesterday, they suggest to remove the 30A fuse for the electric roof if the van is not to be used for a long time in order to reduce battery discharge. This in addition to the 5A water pump fuse.
I have done this yesterday and established it is a PITA. Which brings me to a solution that I've seen in this forum already but I can't find it anymore.
In place of the fuse, a connector should go in and to this connector the actual fuse and a switch should be connected in "series". So it saves the aggro of unplugging every time the fuse, just disable using the switch, but it remains protected by said fuse.
does anybody understands what I am talking about and can point me to the thread/solution ?