G

gateway77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi
Just thought I'd ask all the non beginners if you were looking back -
what's the one option that you wish you'd ticked on the original order,
or maybe pick an item that you should have had in your California from day 1?

I have a beach and I may have gone for the 2 seat version to give me some storage. It's a very hard call though, I'm not unhappy with the 3 seat version either.

My only issue wth 3seater beach is you can't sit up in it with the bed in place, unlike the 2seater. That said, I needed 5seats so 2 wasn't an option!

That is true, you can only sit up in it with the roof bed pushed up, although I will admit its very close for me at around 6foot tall. The plus side more hidden storage under the multiflex.

Removable tow bar.

With it you can fit a low level bike rack when the excellent VW one becomes too high to reach. Or increases the van height too much.
Also, of course, you can tow things too.

Fitting one afterwards can be a bit of a faff, particularly because of the electrics.

Reversing camera. Nightmare to fit retrospectively.

Pretty useless to answer the question ,
as there always be bigger , better and bolder i am just happy with my Cali as it is , having no regrets at all
:Iamsorry

hi Gillian, actually it's not! I had one done locally, I think it mainly depends on what head unit you've got .. if it will display the picture ok it's not that expensive at all!

I have a beach and I may have gone for the 2 seat version to give me some storage. It's a very hard call though, I'm not unhappy with the 3 seat version either.
Storage is pretty important - I've not opted for the comfort mattress as I don't want to lose the space on the back shelf. I'm sure some people will think thats a mistake.

Storage is pretty important - I've not opted for the comfort mattress as I don't want to lose the space on the back shelf. I'm sure some people will think thats a mistake.
My mattress hasn't stopped me using the shelf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi
Just thought I'd ask all the non beginners if you were looking back -
what's the one option that you wish you'd ticked on the original order,
or maybe pick an item that you should have had in your California from day 1?
I didn't realise auto windscreen wipers weren't included as standard and it's taken me a while to get used to the switches. I am not 6 ft tall and it's quite a stretch around the front of the steering wheel to adjust the speed of the intermittent mode and I didn't feel safe fiddling with it whilst driving when new. Getting used to it now, but...

Is the reversing camera fairly intuitive to use - I've had a few but some seem to disconnect the driver from the car if you know what I mean. Always fairly happy with using wing mirrors but seems worth it just to be sure there's nothing child size right behind you.

Pretty useless to answer the question ,
as there always be bigger , better and bolder i am just happy with my Cali as it is , having no regrets at all
:Iamsorry
I understand what your saying but rather than bigger and better I meant the question in a more personal way too. For example I've already bought a six cup espresso maker to sit on the hob - vital piece of equipment for the van in my opinion! :thumb

The time scale should have bought it years ago.

We did not actually have the funds earlier to buy but when we decided to buy we bought pre-registered and with under 100 miles on clock as we were ready to go and not wanting to wait 1/2 a year.

• MFSW
  • Detachable tow bar
  • front and rear sensors
  • DSG
All on our van
Would not have been on our order but if buying now would not buy without the above today.

Probably power latching on the sliding door and heavy duty anti roll bars as both are quite cheap options that seem worth having.

I should probably have also splashed out the extra ÂŁ12 to get the windscreen washer low level indicator light, when I was specifying the heated washers!

Have decided to add that one on - or does the towbar prep allow for later installation?
Yes, but will still need the vehicle coded.

Is the reversing camera fairly intuitive to use - I've had a few but some seem to disconnect the driver from the car if you know what I mean. Always fairly happy with using wing mirrors but seems worth it just to be sure there's nothing child size right behind you.
Yes. Also useful if you have a towbar when hitching up and also helpful if you use a towbar bike rack.

I'm about to receive my second t6 beach in less than a year (sounds like I'm richer than I am!). On my second order I added the following:
MFSW
DSG
Second sliding window (for cross breeze)
Power latching tailgate
Electric sliding door (controversial and possibly problematic but if functions as it's supposed to will be more convenient and safe for the kids)
Rear camera (extra safety)
Removable towbar (so many recommending it and thought I'd maybe need it one day)
Extra seats (cheaper to buy from new and helpful for extra travel buddies like grandparents)

hi Gillian, actually it's not! I had one done locally, I think it mainly depends on what head unit you've got .. if it will display the picture ok it's not that expensive at all!

I must have had the wrong head unit...just the very basic I think. One dealer, breeze totton refused to do it and when it was eventually done elsewhere they fitted a very basic camera which didn't swivel with the car if you know what I mean.
All done with satnav and camera eventually but it was a long haul. They all said that running the cabling from the camera through the van was the time consuming part.