What's the tyre life on a California

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Would be interested to hear if fitting cross climate or all weather tyres increases the road noise inside the cab?
When I enquired at time of ordering my dealer said all season tyres ade for a very noisy Cali - thoughts?
The Cross climate are quieter than the Goodyear and I've gained about 1.5 mpg .

2020 freedom

2020 freedom

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Would be interested to hear if fitting cross climate or all weather tyres increases the road noise inside the cab?
When I enquired at time of ordering my dealer said all season tyres ade for a very noisy Cali - thoughts?
Of course theory and reality aren’t always in sync for what ever reason but......
I don’t find my Cali too noisy on the ER300’s and the cross climates have a better DB rating than they do as well as better set grip and fuel economy.
I’ll be trying them out.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
My Goodyear’s 37k so far on the back, changedthe front about 26k I think.

sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Interesting to read about owner experience of tyre wear. Personally I am not at all happy with my front tyre wear, just about 10k out of a set of Bridgestone Turanza ER300’s...and I drive slower than Miss Daisy’s chauffeur!

This is the second set of Bridgestone’s, so this time I think I’m going to put a set of Michelin Cross Climate + tyres to hopefully get better wear / life cycle cost.

Interestingly, the rear drivers side is a Dunlop Sport MAXX which has hardly worn in 14k miles. The Bridgestone on the passenger side rear is just over 3mm, so it seems in my case the tyre is not up to the job. Unfortunately the Dunlop has some cracking, so all 4 corners will have to be changed leaving a £500 hole in my pocket :rolleyes:

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I went for all weather Tyres from new. VW fitted Continental Vanco All Season 2 on the beach's standard 16" wheels.
Fronts moved to the back at 28,000, then replaced at 33,500 but still above legal limit.
The rear tyres moved to front at 28,000. Still going strong with an even 5mm tread and nearly 40k of use.
Excellent tyres.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My original 16” tyres survived for very nearly 40,000 miles before I changed them for 17”.

Rear still had plenty of tread. Front was down to 3-4 mm.

Our Partners