Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

When your California suddenly gets more attention than wanted

sapto

sapto

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Scrolling trough a secondhand online page (ricardo.ch) and you come across a picture of your California.
149ecb4b06f51d765314bae8ed129881.jpg

Wrote them (&and to ricardo)to delet my picture or should I ask to get some free alloys?
Guess in the end it is my fault not protecting my pictures hard enough. Second guess they found it on here or on caliboard.de or tx-board.de.
Did this joke happen to anyone else?

Unfortunately, this is too common in our present era, the steeling (or borrowing) of an identity human or otherwise is so easy, and with all the posting on forums and social media it’s almost impossible to protect.
Hope that nothing illegal has been done using the photo of your cali.

Unfortunately, this is too common in our present era, the steeling (or borrowing) of an identity human or otherwise is so easy, and with all the posting on forums and social media it’s almost impossible to protect.
Hope that nothing illegal has been done using the photo of your cali.

Thank you

Scrolling trough a secondhand online page (ricardo.ch) and you come across a picture of your California.
149ecb4b06f51d765314bae8ed129881.jpg

Wrote them (&and to ricardo)to delet my picture or should I ask to get some free alloys?
Guess in the end it is my fault not protecting my pictures hard enough. Second guess they found it on here or on caliboard.de or tx-board.de.
Did this joke happen to anyone else?

Here its seen on i.e. expensive bikes. "Sold" before stolen. Maybe keep an extra eye on your Cali … practically for the thieves not to sit around stolen goods. But finding a buyer before nicking …

I have to say I'm pretty surprised by this happening here in Switzerland. Taking a look at that seller, it seems they use images from all over to give examples of the wheels, rather than actual marketing photos if they were really in the game. Additionally, they have been around since 2008, with lots of positive feedback, BUT no feedback in the past 12 months... something smells fishy to me...

Normally Ricardo is pretty good, and the hurdle to open an account and sell stuff is higher than (e.g.) eBay.
You need a proper bank account, and an address in CH. Of course you can get around these if you have a (criminal) mind to. I've never had an issue buying on that site in many years.

I have to say I'm pretty surprised by this happening here in Switzerland. Taking a look at that seller, it seems they use images from all over to give examples of the wheels, rather than actual marketing photos if they were really in the game. Additionally, they have been around since 2008, with lots of positive feedback, BUT no feedback in the past 12 months... something smells fishy to me...

Normally Ricardo is pretty good, and the hurdle to open an account and sell stuff is higher than (e.g.) eBay.
You need a proper bank account, and an address in CH. Of course you can get around these if you have a (criminal) mind to. I've never had an issue buying on that site in many years.

I def made good experiences with ricardo and I‘d be happy to help alufelgenprofis with „great“ pictures of my wheels. However they just had to ask and maybe it was just a mistake.

But good point to keep an eye on it!

Last edited:
Reporting it for copyright theft should be enough to take it down, but its very suspicious for sure.

They deleted the advert.
All good so far and fun experience!

And again they‘re online with pictures of an other ebay advert (or you only have to google p69 vw t5). Hahahaha, I guess they do not get it.

Back