Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where are all the Cali's

C

CaliAM

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
arrived in the dark for our first night....All gone well....Thought we'd stick to a site, seems very busy for this time of year.....But now it's light there isn't another Campervan let alone VW in sight.....Feeling very conspicuous amongst 80+ white motorhomes and caravans.....Have we made the mistake of going to the wrong type of site?????? :upsidedown

Which site have you chosen?

I'm sure you'll still have fun :bananadance2

What were you expecting a site full of VW's or Cali's if so go to a club meet. We have often been the only Cali or VW on a site. Even at height of the season we may have seen only 2 or 3 other campervans on a large site.

arrived in the dark for our first night....All gone well....Thought we'd stick to a site, seems very busy for this time of year.....But now it's light there isn't another Campervan let alone VW in sight.....Feeling very conspicuous amongst 80+ white motorhomes and caravans.....Have we made the mistake of going to the wrong type of site?????? :upsidedown

Are all the tow cars dropside transits?

You might get the impression from this site that the world is populated by Cali's but the reality is you are in the minority.
Great, I never did like being one of the herd.

When we first got ours in December last year we found that we were often the only campers on site. That was weird.

PS: okay, on this site someone parked next to us.

IMG_2762.JPG

When we first got ours in December last year we found that we were often the only campers on site. That was weird.

Also like a suppermarket car park find a spot way from everyone and someone parks next to you/

Had ours about 6 weeks now, 3 weekends away, last weekend in Cornwall was the first time we saw another California onsite - two T6 Oceans, so yes, we are in the minority, but that's good, nice to stand out from the herd!

What has surprised us - gratifyingly - are the number of caravanners/MoHo owners who have drifted over and, wistfully, wished they had gone down the same route as us! Must be doing something right...

Also like a suppermarket car park find a spot way from everyone and someone parks next to you/
That happened to me last week, got back to the van & a car was so close I couldn't get back in the door.

On the other hand...............
One of the things that made me aware of the whole California and Transporter conversion 'thing' is the shear amount of conversions that I pass on the road every single journey.
I am being to feel like I live in the T4/T5 conversion capital of the world.
I think I pass 3 parked up before I hit any traffic flow what so ever then if I cover 5 miles I reckon on seeing 15 moving ones as well.
Is that a common amount you think?

You're right about spending the last 5 months reading the forum....I expected to see Cali's everywhere......But I love being part of an eclectic group....Just worried we didn't know something every other Cali Owner knew.....Will come to a rally...Then we'll be able to see lots Cali's.....Oh....And it was a great weekend :)

Wrong type of site??
Use your van enjoy your van.

What were you expecting a site full of VW's or Cali's if so go to a club meet. We have often been the only Cali or VW on a site. Even at height of the season we may have seen only 2 or 3 other campervans on a large site.
I Agree ....by no way do I want to be in any kind of click!!!!

We've often been the only Cali on sites - we love being different!

That happened to me last week, got back to the van & a car was so close I couldn't get back in the door.

This happened to us in the Lower Lode last year. Borris & I had parked close together so we could join the awnings up. When we took the awnings down and walked around the site to meet people, someone parked between us. We were almost at the furthest point from the pub in a virtually empty field.
20160617_201105.jpg 20160619_140205.jpg
Other Cali owners thought he was a friend who had joined us, but no he wasn't anyone we knew.
Simon

This happened to us in the Lower Lode last year. Borris & I had parked close together so we could join the awnings up. When we took the awnings down and walked around the site to meet people, someone parked between us. We were almost at the furthest point from the pub in a virtually empty field.
View attachment 27617 View attachment 27618
Other Cali owners thought he was a friend who had joined us, but no he wasn't anyone we knew.
Simon
Wow that's a joke