Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where are you going this weekend?

Off to Ambleside for a week at the NT site. We got this week free because the weather was so lousy in March! Not much better this time, but you can hardly complain about rain up in the Lakes.

Simon

murray0710 said:
Doing Tour of Wessex cycling event as well but staying off site at Thorney Lakes.
Also camping offsite but to the North of Somerton at Glastonbury cottages & camping. Doing the 107mile tomorrow & 84 on Sunday. Fingers crossed the wind dies down a bit. Will be riding a black & red Cervelo R3 and probably in my Southampton AC cycle kit.

107, 116 and 112 miles for me. Will keep an out for you. I'll be in a blue Berghaus in the carpark tomorrow and will be wearing a Mid Devon or Yogi club top. Riding a Tarmac or a R5.

Serious distances :clap
Not sure yet how I will get to the start as there are a few of us camping and doing the event so we will either ride there or share lifts down. If do take the van its a dark (night) blue Beach.

Martin said:
Got several viewings over the course of the weekend, mainly to the south of the A39 in Ruby Country. I am looking forward to doing a COTF in the West Country once we move down.

Excellent!

How are the move plans going?

Tomorrow, off to Northumbria, land of my ancestors. Want to get in some walking on the Cheviots and St Cuthbert's way, see Lindisfarne and Kielder water, and visit a bastle. Praying for good weather!

KernowLad said:
Martin said:
Got several viewings over the course of the weekend, mainly to the south of the A39 in Ruby Country. I am looking forward to doing a COTF in the West Country once we move down.

Excellent!

How are the move plans going?

Very well thanks Matt, seen several nice properties over past few days, going back for second viewings tomorrow. Sitting on Westward Ho ! Beach at moment.

Had beautiful weather up until this morning in Pembrokeshire - now the awning is getting a serious battering from the wind and rain - hope it's still here when we back to the site this evening!
G

Well we had a lovely time driving round mid Devon. Stayed at Marles Farm Campsite. No showers but hook up, clean toilet block and lovely location. Just a small field but a lovely site

Then we drove to Putts Farm who refused us on the grounds that the Beach did not have a kitchen. She said that as camper and caravan club in site she wouldn't accept the Beach as it had no kitchen. There was a slightly farcical scene where she asked to check the van. I pointed out it had a fixed bed but to no avail. She didn't seem to like my Maplins inverter either.

I kind of got her point but it seemed a bit ridiculous anyhow drove on to Wincanton, had a lovely meal and then home.

OMG.....how ridiculous is that......the kitchen inspectors.......!!

BerndRos said:
OMG.....how ridiculous is that......the kitchen inspectors.......!!

She initially said, have you got a fixed bed? Yes we replied, she said, kitchen? No, no we don't have a kitchen...

So she came out of her office and we had top open the side door whilst she inspected the van. It didn't pass and she said, 'I will have to turn you away'.

So on we went...

I thought it was Camping and Caravan club - camping... Not just motor home....

And we are members and had stayed at a site the previous night.

James

Crikey, that is a bit much. I appreciate that some sites have difficulties with 'travellers' and have to be very careful with commercial vehicles coming on site but that takes the biscuit!

I must also say that.... over the years, when I regularly competed in motorcycle enduros and rallies that I have camped at numerous caravan and camping club sites with my friends in transit vans!

Madness...

I've just got back from weekend in The Peak District. Stayed at Lapwing Hall Farm CCC CS site, no loos or showers but thats OK for 2 nights. It is less than a mile from The Roaches which you can see from the sight. Very quite with only 6 pitches.
Did a long walk on Sunday & got sun burnt face. Did a shorter walk thismorning before heading home, roads very quiet. Stunning scenery up there, will go back sometime.

Almost last minute desicion to go away. Stayed at the Setthorns Camping in the Forest site in the New Forest.

Bit pricey, no facilities. Quite a confusing layout, but many secluded pitches.

They insist on you having a chemical toilet. No problem there. Surly chap on reception wanted to check that we had one when we arrive. Actually see it. Err...it's under the bed, behind those 2 bikes, 4 D locks, 2 cable locks. And it's in a box.

Give him his due, he gave up at this point and let us check in :D

Nice location, peaceful. Only one Owl.

file_zpsc3ffff75.jpg

Attachments

• file_zpsc3ffff75.jpg
    file_zpsc3ffff75.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 0
We had no inspection at all at our tiny little Caravan Club CL site near Tenby - obviously no standards whatsoever! - and no facilities! - and no customers! We're the only ones left - everyone else scared off by the weather!
G

James said:
Well we had a lovely time driving round mid Devon. Stayed at Marles Farm Campsite. No showers but hook up, clean toilet block and lovely location. Just a small field but a lovely site

Then we drove to Putts Farm who refused us on the grounds that the Beach did not have a kitchen. She said that as camper and caravan club in site she wouldn't accept the Beach as it had no kitchen. There was a slightly farcical scene where she asked to check the van. I pointed out it had a fixed bed but to no avail. She didn't seem to like my Maplins inverter either.

I kind of got her point but it seemed a bit ridiculous anyhow drove on to Wincanton, had a lovely meal and then home.

That is quite simply wrong. I'd be spirting!

KernowLad said:
James said:

That is quite simply wrong. I'd be spirting!

lol We didn't mind, had a lovely time and we were mainly sussing out property and areas so we were quite exhausted by Sunday, so decided to drive back home. :)

I meant spitting!

Good it all worked out but not accepting a £35k (I think?!) Beach when a £2k touring caravan is fine is rather silly.

Hutch said:
Do they only allow tents with fitted kitchens too?!!!
G

Lol lol ... Good point hutch ... Pmsl

We'll you must have had your portable burner with you and everything u would normally camp with ....
I feel a little call to cc&c to say how bad a service you got from the Devon bunch ...

Lee

I see what you've done there lol 'the Devon bunch', lol it was one campsite. Marles Farm also a c and c site was lovely

Cheeky Kent-er

James

Back