Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where do you keep your Brompton

wingate_52

wingate_52

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
When travelling, locked to the VW Bike Rack with D-locks and cables. When dirty, inside in a bag. But where do they go at night-time. We have 2 to store. I dont fancy keeping them outside.

Hi,
I just have one folding electric bike. There are two places I keep mine, both convenient as I prefer to sleep down below. (1) Chained and padlocked through offside rear wheel (with slack to allow door opening) with two further locking wire straps through the bike wheels and frame. (2) As (1) but attached to the rear towing hook. I also have a Halfords cover. My reckoning is that if anyone wants to nick it - they will have to be the quietest most skillful thieves to be able to nick it from a few feet from where my head is.

Like yourself, I have quite a few hundred quid invested and would hate to see my bike stolen. I think it is well worth spending money on good quality locks and the time spent securing the bike(s).

Mine travels folded inside the van with the rear seat pulled forward to stop it moving about - no bike rack - bike too heavy.

Happy vanning and happy secoure biking. Bob

as above .put bike cover over them .but get a small bell and tie to the bikes .if some one moves the bike the bell will ring .i use a £60 motor bike lock .and put this round rear wheel of van .

two bromptons fit in the back when travelling, and in the footwells when sleeping.

Do you have Eazy wheels, any good without a rack, use a bung?

easy wheels, but only to stop my feet catching. front bag over a rack (cheaper, more stable) and mudguards are a must!

My feet catch on the standard wheels. I carry no luggage yet. M6L model.

Back