Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where has this 24 mile tsi 2017 California been?

:Iamsorry But I must Disagree. If the California is not your daily vehicle and not used regularly throughout the year and spends substantial periods of time laid up then a petrol version is a very good choice, as those who do low milage will find out eventually with EGR, DPF and AdBlue problems. The TSI might have low MPG compared with a Diesel but I wonder just how it compares when you factor in costs associated with repair/replacement of the additional emissions equipment the Diesel has, especially outside of the Warranty period.
I agree with you there :thumb
Nothing wrong with a petrol Cali.

I would argue that that is a very small niche in what is already pretty niche. Under the circumstances you describe I'd personally buy a small run-around and hire a Cali when I needed it.
I agree, but judging by some of the Low Milage Californias for sale, many don’t.

Thanks all very much for the advice. We did buy the petrol California and are very happy with it. It had been a showroom demonstrator and is essentially new, with all of the necessary servicing completed.46953

Apologies for reigniting the diesel vs petrol debate. It is a purely personal choice and based on our experience of living and travelling in London. Having actually driven both the slightly quieter petrol just appeals more and if it it hadn’t been available I dare say we would have bought the diesel version. We only drive if we’re going out of London so a diesel wouldn’t have been an issue.

At the end of the day a California is still a fabulous vehicle no matter how it’s powered. Electric? - Sure, why not.

As for the question of buy vs rent... my goodness where do you even start! If you’re of a more rational mindset than I then perhaps a calculation could get you the right answer. What is the quote? “if it flies, floats or fornicates.....rent it”.

joking aside thanks all very much and looking forward to many happy journeys, reading and posting. :thumb

I went for the TSI because:
- engine is very quiet, lively but also smooth
- engine is less complicated.
- no EGR valve, no DPF in the exhaust, no AdBlue to fill up
- no cam belt but chaindriven in oil.
-no smell from night heater (petrol 3kw)
-no need for engine aux heater.
- £1500 cheaper to buy.
- I do only 6000 miles per year.
-Petrol has been 10p cheaper than diesel
-31mpg over 8000 miles
-80 lt fuel tank standard
-french crit d'air 1
-lesure battery charges to 100% with engine running.

I went for the TSI because:
- engine is very quiet, lively but also smooth
- engine is less complicated.
- no EGR valve, no DPF in the exhaust, no AdBlue to fill up
- no cam belt but chaindriven in oil.
-no smell from night heater (petrol 3kw)
-no need for engine aux heater.
- £1500 cheaper to buy.
- I do only 6000 miles per year.
-Petrol has been 10p cheaper than diesel
-31mpg over 8000 miles
-80 lt fuel tank standard
-french crit d'air 1
-lesure battery charges to 100% with engine running.
Thanks Amarillo, yes the drive home was a revelation. smooth, quiet, nippy, stop/start function in town. what more could you need?

Back