Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where is the battery for chassis

J

jimh3063

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Where is the battery for chassis. I had left thee gc for a few months and the chassis battery is dead. Workers fix my garage door and never plugged the shore power back in. I thought the one under the hood was the house battery.

Battery in the engine bay (under the bonnet) is the habitation battery on a GC. Battery under the floor on the left side (UK passenger) is the starter. Habitation battery will be flat in under a month if no solar or hookup.

Found it. Thanks. I plugged the van back into shore power. House batteries charged overnight. The chassis battery location was a mystery. Found it. Hope it takes a charge.

Just to add to confusion, to jump start or to charge the starter battery the connection point is under the bonnet BEHIND the leisure battery - lift up the cover behind the leisure battery and you will see the +ve connection and all the main fuses.

We have found when we aren't planning any travels for a bit to turn off the leisure battery using the red switch/knob in the electrical cabinet results in keeping some charge on the leisure vs. a full drain. Then the day before a trip we turn back on and plug into the garage electrical to charge back up.

We purchased our GC used, and the day we went to pick up the leisure was completely dead, and the dealer actually took it to the VW dealer up the road and had a new leisure installed, as they couldn't get the original to hold charge. We were very happy with this action as we had driven from Slovakia to Dusseldorf to pick up!

Back