Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where will your California and You be on New Years Day?

But due to SWMBO developing a severe ear infection such that she cannot fly we are going to be here instead.

f5c94f52-f556-4b74-ae2a-b93bf98ad69a-jpeg.40356
Looks like Widnes bridge!:(

We went to the beach with our good friends in their Cali. Despite we had planned for a luxurious 5 course menu and drinks, knowing we were quite ambitious all went perfectly well. We even saw the Dansh Queens New Years speech (a tradition in Denmark) and we (I) even managed to get a very short swim in the night.

The trailer was used as storage and we made a small outdoor kitchen with two Cadac and the micro stoves. The speech was streamed and displayed inside the Gybe with a pocket projector. And yes, the Gybe was the frame that made it all possible ignoring both rain and the wind.

For you who are interesting in outdoor cocking: We had a 3 piece starter with Cod Cheviche coriander and chilli, smoked salmon in an onion dill creme with lumpfish roe and grilled asparagus on a smoked cheese creme with lemon. Then a pile of Norway Lobster with aioli followed by a grilled Irish Cotes du Boeuf with rösti and several homemade dressings South American style (Mango, Chilli, Guacamole, etc.). Then almond cake with whip cream and fresh berries. Finally, for the Champagne we had small Marzipan cakes. Some of the dressings were prepared from home … but most was made on site.

ZmLc9Ff6SZKDZNR8AxJBlA.jpg
KaJr3ASVRq2Z%clvpYuhzw.jpg 2+wQMDFnQ1G8ggSi+Nss8w.jpg gtgxzb+ESnqEHeBrTkxe%w.jpg 0LmQB54USlC6ZBy1wo3GKw.jpg jg2Uv7teQYu834ZSMGuW2g.jpg wfjM6V6VR9KP%HdsEw3ozA.jpg cQLGekIkSIe1XxOTWl4FjQ.jpg YiojIG9RQVyRIvfKX6TgFg.jpg B6xgsZJGQESJhMU2s3nK7w.jpg

Last edited:
Happy 2019 !

Holy Moley . Wow RESPECT ! Sounds /looks amazing . We spent NYE camping at friend’s in New Forest . About 40 but Jeremy and I last men standing 0500 ! Karaoke after midnight . Thanks for great card ! Come and see us soon !

4 Likely Lads Reunion . We were all at university together !

49B3E004-D0D3-4C6E-BF4D-50E5157C1CBB.jpeg

4878B8F3-2773-4105-A7FC-FE26D0317005.jpeg

@Kmann
Looks like a very well prepared newyearseve in Denmark , why am i not supprised ...;) , got your card in the mail today thankx ! And all the best for you both also!
Sooo jealous on all you spending the night in theire Cali.
We sat home with the dog (avoiding fireworks) and hit bed by 1am.
And the fact my mother in law need care after a hip operation few weeks ago we did noting special.

Happy 2019 + all !

@Trebor , you certainly get the most points for dress-code ....:D

@Kmann

Love the menu! I’m going to the Danish pop up restaurant neat New Year’s Eve.

Just googled Gybe too. Looks great.

We went to the beach with our good friends in their Cali. Despite we had planned for a luxurious 5 course menu and drinks, knowing we were quite ambitious all went perfectly well. We even saw the Dansh Queens New Years speech (a tradition in Denmark) and we (I) even managed to get a very short swim in the night.

The trailer was used as storage and we made a small outdoor kitchen with two Cadac and the micro stoves. The speech was streamed and displayed inside the Gybe with a pocket projector. And yes, the Gybe was the frame that made it all possible ignoring both rain and the wind.

For you who are interesting in outdoor cocking: We had a 3 piece starter with Cod Cheviche coriander and chilli, smoked salmon in an onion dill creme with lumpfish roe and grilled asparagus on a smoked cheese creme with lemon. Then a pile of Norway Lobster with aioli followed by a grilled Irish Cotes du Boeuf with rösti and several homemade dressings South American style (Mango, Chilli, Guacamole, etc.). Then almond cake with whip cream and fresh berries. Finally, for the Champagne we had small Marzipan cakes. Some of the dressings were prepared from home … but most was made on site.

View attachment 40434
View attachment 40420 View attachment 40421 View attachment 40422 View attachment 40423 View attachment 40424 View attachment 40425 View attachment 40426 View attachment 40427 View attachment 40429
Amazing! Makes my fried eggs look a little boring!