Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav, Bluetooth & ipod

PaulBishop

PaulBishop

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All

I'm new to this site and just bought my first California this week.

It has the VW 310 radio CD player, but I'd like to upgrade it to a Sat Nav, Bluetooth & ipod player. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good model, and also any experience in retro fitting the device.

regards

Paul

Re: Sat Nav, Bluetooth & ipod

I think the RNS 510 from VW is perfect. I'm sure your VW dealer can fit it and add in the iPod/media cabling too. Mine came with it all, and I can't fault it, in fact I love it.

PaulBishop said:
Hi All

I'm new to this site and just bought my first California this week.

It has the VW 310 radio CD player, but I'd like to upgrade it to a Sat Nav, Bluetooth & ipod player. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good model, and also any experience in retro fitting the device.

regards

Paul

Welcome on board Paul.

A lot depends upon what van you have... is it a brand new - "Face Lift" or an early T5. The dash is completely different.

Lots of different options for both.

Rgds
M

Re: Sat Nav, Bluetooth & ipod

Welcome Paul ... If there's no real budget then go the Vw part retro fit route ;-) .. Is there a budget

Don't forget the Kenwood which is an option and will do everything you want it to do.

cheers

The more I use my Kenwood the more I like it, so a vote from me!!

Thanks to all for replying.

I've a California, 3 years old. I've looked at the VW sets, Pioneer and Kenwood. I think I'm going for the DNX521DAB Kenwood fitted with ipod cable at £1200.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

regards

Paul

PaulBishop said:
Thanks to all for replying.

I've a California, 3 years old. I've looked at the VW sets, Pioneer and Kenwood. I think I'm going for the DNX521DAB Kenwood fitted with ipod cable at £1200.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

regards

Paul

Yep thats really steep for that !

Thanks all. Bought the Kenwood DNX521DAB today. It's brilliant. Thanks for the offer of the cheaper deal but it's a long way from Cardiff.

regards

Paul

Hi
I have a 2011 t5 with radio and I wanted to link my ipod nano series 7 through bluetooth so that I can play music when abroad. Does anyone know how or if it can be done.
Graham

I will ask the dumb question - do you have a VW bluetooth module installed in the van? It is a £150 option from new.

If not then you have two options, you can retrofit a real VW one - they cost about £150 from Ebay, then you have to fit it - Stereo Out - Glovebox Out - Plug and Play wires - the hardest bit is fitting the Microphone. The problem with a pukka VW one is that it will need coding so the van recognises it. But if you do that you will be able to control it from your steering wheel and MDI screen. Make sure you purchase a BT module that supports A2DP - most from 2010 do.

The other option would be to install a Parrot 3rd party bluetooth kit. Same physical install procedure, but doesn't need coding. The downside is that it won't be controllable from the steering wheel or MDI screen.

I have a pukka VW one in the van, and a Parrot one in my car - both work fine, but it is nice have a fully integrated one.

If all of that sounds a bit of a faff - the people like Hazy Days will do it for you (for the VW one), or any old stereo fitter can do a Parrot one.

If you already have a bluetooth module installed then it should just be a matter of pairing the Ipod with it :)

Tony

If you really want something that rocks - Check out: www.witson.com
I have in 3 cars now and its flawless..
It gives you DVD/NAV/TV/BLUETOOTH/IPOD, USB and SD Card Reader and its around USD500
ALL INCLUDED.. Antennas and everything..

Please dont delete my message - Just trying to help a fellow VW Camper..

Kindly Regards
Caligrycho - Have a safe way..

Back