Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Dashcam

• Thread starter WooburnCalifornia
  • Start date
GPS & speed are pretty much essential as evidence as is time and date stamp when providing insurance or police with video evidence.
Agreed on the tone/date.
Speed... Bear in mind only your speed is shown, not that of anyone else... Self incrimination? 35 in a 30 (not that I would ever....!)

Agreed on the tone/date.
Speed... Bear in mind only your speed is shown, not that of anyone else... Self incrimination? 35 in a 30 (not that I would ever....!)
Personal case -
I was stationary in a queue when the vehicle in front rolled back into me. On video it wasn't possible to tell if I had run into the back of the vehicle in front or as actually happened it had rolled back into me. The speed trace showed that I was stationary and confirmed my claim was valid.

Once you realise that the DC records (potentially) all of your driving it does make for more speed limit awareness. Personal mobile speed camera on board.

I don't have one but by chance was fitting 2 new cross climate tyres before my son takes the van off to Greece for 2 months and they happen to be giving free dashcams for the next two months. No idea if these are any good but they seem to be a mainstream brand. Mine hasn't arrived yet and wont be here before he leaves ! http://www.atseuromaster.co.uk/special-offers/claim-a-free-dash-cam-with-michelin-crossclimate
Tried to get info on that model without success although the manufacturer also supplies the RAC brand DC's. Probably a low spec camera but better than nothing.

I’m having the new Blackvue DR-750S 2ch professionally installed on Friday. 60fps at the front at full HD and Sony sensors on both cameras. Spec looks a big step up from the DR-650S. Will be speaking to the installer regarding the DAB signal.

I’m having the new Blackvue DR-750S 2ch professionally installed on Friday. 60fps at the front at full HD and Sony sensors on both cameras. Spec looks a big step up from the DR-650S. Will be speaking to the installer regarding the DAB signal.

I really prefer the form factor on the Blackvue and the other features. Also after attempting to run the wires on my current one I gave up, it's too much faff. I think I'm going to return the A119 and then just get a professional install on the Blackvue.

I really prefer the form factor on the Blackvue and the other features. Also after attempting to run the wires on my current one I gave up, it's too much faff. I think I'm going to return the A119 and then just get a professional install on the Blackvue.
After watching the installation of a Nextbase 512GW by Halford's technician and the difficulty encountered I was glad I didn't attempt it myself.
Was on free fit offer at the time, but would pay.

This is currently top of my list. If you don’t mind me asking where did you source it from or is the fitter supplying it as well?

This is currently top of my list. If you don’t mind me asking where did you source it from or is the fitter supplying it as well?
Installer is supplying it and the Power Magic Pro.

How are finding it?....not got my van yet but having one fitted to my wifes audi tomorrow as a trial run.
I’ve hardly driven the Cali since it was fitted so I can’t really comment that valuably. What I can say, after an initial play, is that both cameras are neat when installed, the app communicates fine and events triggered by me seemed to work fine.

Had ours (750s) in for a couple of days (Audi not cali yet). Getting lots of impact notifications during driving mode. Have the driving mode sensitivity low at 1-2 so guessing that either needs to be off or I turn notifications off.

My one (nextbase) starts recording as soon as it powers up, that's why I thought I am best wiring it to the ignition, I'm getting confused on what to do now

I’ve had a thinkware for about 2 years now front and rear . Very good . Tried a couple of others from Halfords first but took them back they were so bad .

Had ours (750s) in for a couple of days (Audi not cali yet). Getting lots of impact notifications during driving mode. Have the driving mode sensitivity low at 1-2 so guessing that either needs to be off or I turn notifications off.
Potholes!
Does make you wonder what they're doing to the suspension?

We just had a Kenwood DRV 410 dashcam , VW dealer fitted today. Seems to be wired to engine battery and linked to ignition. Now have a pdf file of some 140 pages to download to read ! Hope utube can help with basic guidance !!