Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which service?

CalifornIAN

CalifornIAN

VIP Member
Hi All, our Cali is coming up to two years old and is therefore due its first service but I am not sure what to book it in for. It has done about 11,000 miles so is it an interim or full service that's needed? Sorry, I'm sure I can get this information from the service book but we store the camper away from home. Thanks

I've had a quick look but it might as well be written in German! tbh I'd go to our local dealer and let them sort it. Our plan is to keep ours for 3/4 yeras then trade so we want a full VW service history.

It will be interesting to hear others opinions on your post.

Iain

If your on variable service it will alert you as to when, mine did over 20k before first service. Oil and filter only.

:thanks Thanks for the responses. Spoken to local VW centre and they tell me it is only the interim service that's needed as the mileage is low even though it is 2yrs old. Just the basic oil and filter change then. Hopefully they know what they are talking about.

I'll be changing my oil every 10k miles. 20k++ is just too long IMO! The BM has the same variable servicing with similar intervals - I also change that every 10k.

Don't forget it will also be due a pollen filter change as well as they are due every two years or 40,000 miles whichever comes first.

cheers

Thanks Alex I will make sure that gets done also. Shame I'm not a bit closer to you to take advantage of your forum deals.

You could always come down and make a long weekend out of it? I could give you my Caddy Maxi Life to take away for the day whilst we do the required work and you don't have to sit around and wait

cheers

Thanks Alex, I'll bear that in mind, maybe not for the service but I am tempted to get the suspension lowered at some point (that being the point at which my missus gives in and says yes!) Cheers

Back