Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

White light?

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Ok here’s a question for the techies. Currently on week 3 in Spain and a list of issues to attend to with dealer when I return. Getting up from bed in darkness I noticed a dim white light flashing slowly (3 sec intervals) from the driver footwell area. Tried my hardest to detect source but couldn’t and assumed I’d dropped a gadget of sorts. Looked in daylight could find nothing. Checked again last night and yes light is still flashing - not enough to cause a distraction but I’d never noticed it before. I thought it was from under driver seat but now I think more from brake pedal area. I’m puzzled. Vehicle does have VW tracker system. Certainly never had this on my T5 and only now 6 months in with 6.1 have I noticed this. Any thoughts?

I should add that vehicle has cut out 3 times on this trip whilst idling and failed to restart for some minutes. Vw diagnostic check at San Sebastián failed to show any fault.

No idea. ET wants to go home ?
I don’t know Vw tracking system, never heard of this option.

Did you have a third party S5 tracker installed, like Scorpion or Vodafone?

Ok here’s a question for the techies. Currently on week 3 in Spain and a list of issues to attend to with dealer when I return. Getting up from bed in darkness I noticed a dim white light flashing slowly (3 sec intervals) from the driver footwell area. Tried my hardest to detect source but couldn’t and assumed I’d dropped a gadget of sorts. Looked in daylight could find nothing. Checked again last night and yes light is still flashing - not enough to cause a distraction but I’d never noticed it before. I thought it was from under driver seat but now I think more from brake pedal area. I’m puzzled. Vehicle does have VW tracker system. Certainly never had this on my T5 and only now 6 months in with 6.1 have I noticed this. Any thoughts?
If you have a smartphone, with flashlight off at night in the van, take video of the area. It may allow you to pinpoint where the light is.

It’s called Metatrack
The footwell area is one place a tracker may be installed, unless you know where it is. It may be the source of the light.

Last edited:
If you have a smartphone, with flashlight off at night in the van, take video of the area. It may allow you to pinpoint where the light is.
Oh I’ve tried that, can’t seem to get it on film, I’m guessing it’s maybe tracking kit but am already booked into dealers for a list of issues when I get back to UK. I’ll update the relevant threads with outcomes.

Update; got it back from dealer today, their (guess) is that it’s the tracking kit.

Thought the idea of trackers was to hide them so they wouldn’t be removed if the vehicle was nicked?

Back