Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

White or Red edition?

No, unfortunately no examples available, but it’s what I would be trying.

Roadsurfer (hire company frim germany, now also in france, spain, italy, netherlands, belgium…) wrap all their vans and may have a colour scheme like i mentionned above. Note that some of their colour combo’s are really awfull though. On their instagram page, you can find a lot of examples of different combinations.

if you go with Pure Grey: i find that this uni-paint is quite sensitive on mine. Already several stone chips on the bonnet, and white marks from a tree branch which was lightly touched.

A lower wrap definitely helps in protecting the body, and easier to apply than top half wrap.

Curioristy got the better of me, time for some drawings :)

Thoughts?

Fortana Red top with Pure Grey bottom

top red bottom pure grey.jpg

Fortana Red top with Candy White bottom
top dark red - lower white.png

Curioristy got the better of me, time for some drawings :)

Thoughts?

Fortana Red top with Pure Grey bottom

View attachment 82896

Fortana Red top with Candy White bottom
View attachment 82891
Nice photoshop(?) work, but both are jarring to my eye. Not sure a bottom wrap on Fortana will be an improvement. I think its more likely if the bottom is darker than the top. Might metallic purple work?
1628672044385.png

Nice photoshop(?) work, but both are jarring to my eye. Not sure a bottom wrap on Fortana will be an improvement. I think its more likely if the bottom is darker than the top. Might metallic purple work?
View attachment 82897
Unfortunately just using the basic Windows application Paint 3D, I need to re-install Photoshop then I can do it properly and will be much faster to switch between colour combinations...

Agree on the dark top, doesn't work, too top heavy, think the same style advice goes for outfits isn't it? :)

That gives me an idea, whatever Michael Portillo, that's the combo to go for... be bold!

Since you are looking at wrapping, you don‘t need to limit yourself to the VW colours. Note that Pure Grey is much lighter in reality than what the configurator makes you think. My avatar picture is a Pure Grey edition in sunlight.

On the combo’s: red top with darker colour bottom works better in my opinion. Dark grey metallic or even anthracite could be an option. Or black to match with the black roof? But ultimately, it remains a personal preference.

The more I look at the red/grey combo, the more it grows on me.
Really something different than all others. And when you’re tired of the combo, you still keep a nice metallic darker red van underneath.

IMO
All caravans and motorhomes have been cursed to be in white for decades. Given a choice I could never ever imagine choosing a white van.
There are so many great colours. That red is great.
(I wouldn’t pay £5k extra to drive around in something that looks like a stick of rock either!)
Is the black B pillar standard on all Calis now? It’s a shame IMO. The B pillar is really part of the design language of the Transporter. Oversized lights, chunky door handles, giant badge and mirrors, thick angled B pillar.

Last edited:
IMO
All caravans and motorhomes have been cursed to be in white for decades. Given a choice I could never ever imagine choosing a white van.
There are so many great colours. That red is great.
(I wouldn’t pay £5k extra to drive around in something that looks like a stick of rock either!)
Is the black B pillar standard on all Calis now? It’s a shame IMO. The B pillar is really part of the design language of the Transporter. Oversized lights, chunky door handles, giant badge and mirrors, thick angled B pillar.
I just blacked the red B pillar on my LHD Toast 6.1 - prefer the look to the red

6C783EA2-9EC1-4D48-B5C0-751E5E39FF18.jpeg

Back