Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's got the Highest Mileage?

Is that with the 5 pot engine, like mine?

John

5 Pot?

Don't know what one of those is but mine's a T pot! :shocked

Ok ok ...

No need to throw my coat like that, I was leaving anyway :sad

We'll if were allowing us venerable old T4's in here then I win so far on 321,000 km. Only just run in, it hasn't sipped a drop of oil in a year of ownership and drives really sweetly. Oh and it's a 5 pot 2.5.
Wow, that is good mileage, what kind of service history has that unit had? Those 5 pot 2.5 litre must be durable.

137k on my 2007 T5, with the small 1.9/105 Hp motor.

I would consider this just run in, as my previous VWs went to 400k and 300k without any sign of dying (both Golfs).

Good servicing, especially oil/filter changes, seem to be the "secret"......

It's the camping bits which seem to be the weak points, including the roof mechanism and corrosion, the fridge, and the camping control unit.

Thanks to verotronics.nl, who completely renewed my display unit for about €200 just recently.....now better than new, and much less than the €500 plus which Volkswagen would charge.

Wow, that is good mileage, what kind of service history has that unit had? Those 5 pot 2.5 litre must be durable.

When I bought the van last year, it had a standard service history book stamped by a few random different garages along with some receipts for work that had taken place. I tend to take the service book with a pinch of salt because it's all to easy to fake. If it is genuine, then it's had nothing out of the ordinary, just regular oil changes and filters along with brake pads, discs etc. Since I've bought it, I've given it an oil change, new filters and some new hydraulic and brake lines which were perished and leaking.

As bcasey has just said, these motors are good for really high milages. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 750, 000 one day. The secret as he rightly says is regular oil and filter changes and just keeping on top of things.

My biggest concern with the van is more the rust which is currently breaking out everywhere. If I can contain that then I'll be happy!

We'll if were allowing us venerable old T4's in here then I win so far on 321,000 km. Only just run in, it hasn't sipped a drop of oil in a year of ownership and drives really sweetly. Oh and it's a 5 pot 2.5.
Er, sorry. I was quoting mine in miles.
365k kilometers. 5 pot. 2.4.

Lovely to hear that they seem to last.
Ours is closing up on 260 000 km (161 000 miles) and feels like it was still new: Comfortable, silent and pulls strong.
It's a 2006 4 motion, 174 "5 pot" with 6 speed manual.
Fantasia Painting.jpg
Hope to keep it goin way past it's considered a classic.

Can I add a sub thread ?

Highest mileage for Cali with a tiptronic auto box.

Not overly concerned about the engine as the 2.5 tdi seems to capable of galactic miles with the correct servicing and a little luck but who has done big miles on their tiptronic without any problems.

If you had'nt guessed already.....mine is a tiptronic......currently on 87,000 miles on a 2007 plate.

Can I add a sub thread ?

Highest mileage for Cali with a tiptronic auto box.

Not overly concerned about the engine as the 2.5 tdi seems to capable of galactic miles with the correct servicing and a little luck but who has done big miles on their tiptronic without any problems.

If you had'nt guessed already.....mine is a tiptronic......currently on 87,000 miles on a 2007 plate.
Mines a triptronic! Has a mind of its own sometimes 2nd to 3rd but I've got and abs sensor on the blink witch I think confuses it a bit - 159k now.

Back