Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why am I being swamped by dealer reviews?

Joker 1299

Joker 1299

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anyone else find this intrusive? Or is it just me?

Not an issue for me just ignore them, sure it is only as the powers that be are sorting out this part of the form.

just go to YOUR settings in your user name and tick areas you want to ignore.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are just sorting out the section. Once I figured it out, just scroll past. Jen is working hard on a probably thankless task...

Yeah, they are just sorting out the section. Once I figured it out, just scroll past. Jen is working hard on a probably thankless task...

It’s not the Jen thing, it’s the Dealer Review admin requoting old posts.

It’s not the Jen thing, it’s the Dealer Review admin requoting old posts.

As mentioned you can just simply ignore this section for the time being. You cannot complain of being swamped when it is you who is choosing to go there.

I reassigned, merged and retitled 6 pages of threads and leapfrogged the most relevant over the irrelevant and deleted. The purpose was that for anyone wanting to look at a dealer review, or place one, all the relevant stuff would be at the top and consistently titled and members would have less hassle finding the review for the location and dealer they wanted. After all a thread title such as "This tosser messed up my Cali" might be a wonderful way to vent frustration but is pretty useless for anyone wanting to find a review on a specific dealer.

Having pushed all the relevant stuff to the top other threads, some deleted but with relevant reviews in them, were bypassed and what is simply happening now is that posts of relevance but bypassed are now being put into updated and relevant threads.

At the end of the day all we are trying to do is to present a section that many found to be a valuable resource but messy to navigate into something even more valuable and easier to trawl through.

As mentioned you can just simply ignore this section for the time being. You cannot complain of being swamped when it is you who is choosing to go there.

I reassigned, merged and retitled 6 pages of threads and leapfrogged the most relevant over the irrelevant and deleted. The purpose was that for anyone wanting to look at a dealer review, or place one, all the relevant stuff would be at the top and consistently titled and members would have less hassle finding the review for the location and dealer they wanted. After all a thread title such as "This tosser messed up my Cali" might be a wonderful way to vent frustration but is pretty useless for anyone wanting to find a review on a specific dealer.

Having pushed all the relevant stuff to the top other threads, some deleted but with relevant reviews in them, were bypassed and what is simply happening now is that posts of relevance but bypassed are now being put into updated and relevant threads.

At the end of the day all we are trying to do is to present a section that many found to be a valuable resource but messy to navigate into something even more valuable and easier to trawl through.

But I’m not choosing to go there. I browse using ‘new posts’

I have been wondering Who 'Dealer Review Admin' is? and the purpose?

But as for the Jen thing.
I've been there done that on a forum and @Jay586 you are right to point out it's generally totally thankless.

So thanks to all the mods and admin for all the stuff you do.
:thanks:thanks:thanks

Thank you Jen. I am sure that I am just one of many who appreciate what you are doing, which must be a laborious and mainly thankless task.

Thank you again.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thank you to Jen for cleaning up the dealer review section, the other posts you are seeing from @Dealer Reviews are reviews from the 'star rated' review section which we have now closed down as the software was not working correctly.

All reviews have now been transferred over to the forum so once you mark them as read, you will not see any more.

Thank you to Jen for cleaning up the dealer review section, the other posts you are seeing from @Dealer Reviews are reviews from the 'star rated' review section which we have now closed down as the software was not working correctly.

All reviews have now been transferred over to the forum so once you mark them as read, you will not see any more.

Thank you for explaining and thanks to Jen and the other admins for all the time you put into this place. I will be patient.

I’m not choosing to go there. I browse using ‘new posts’
That is how I look at the forum and just gone into my setting an put an ignore on dealer reviews so they do not appear now in "new posts" for me. Once the work has settled down I can un ignore if I want to. As not interested in dogs and bikes decided to ignore those topics as well !

Perhaps this post should be moved to dealers reviews so I ignore this one with the other dealer reviews.

The forum does not "run by itself " it needs a lot of work done and tidy up.....
Some just post without looking at the diffrent options .
Tkx @GrannyJen for the work put in.

But I’m not choosing to go there. I browse using ‘new posts’

I can understand that and can understand how frustrating it can be at times. . I suggest that you just ignore and mark "all messages read" when you have browsed the ones relevant to you.

It's given me a headache, laboriously reading every thread in over 6 pages .... well, that could of course have been the wine last night ..... see my review of my pub stopover.... hic ....:sad

I can understand that and can understand how frustrating it can be at times. . I suggest that you just ignore and mark "all messages read" when you have browsed the ones relevant to you.

It's given me a headache, laboriously reading every thread in over 6 pages .... well, that could of course have been the wine last night ..... see my review of my pub stopover.... hic ....:sad

Thanks. Will do.

Yeah, I did see that post! ;)