Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why are all the pictures of tidy vans?

Barbara

Barbara

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I have thought about responding to comments with pictures but my van is always too untidy. It is my everyday vehicle as well as a camper van.

Comments please.

I have thought about responding to comments with pictures but my van is always too untidy. It is my everyday vehicle as well as a camper van.

Comments please.

Dirty is good but keeping it tidy is probably easier. Probable OK when you are on your own but for us everything has to have its place or we would be in chaos. But each to their own.

Mike

depends if I am coming back from Ikea or going to the tip

I once made a post with a photo of the inside of our Cali showing a bin we had bought from Camper Centrum in the Netherlands. The carpet was not the cleanest and was berated (gently-as folk know I am a sensitive sole) but to avoid further embarrassment internal photos are only taken after cleaning and visits on site at Cali meets are strickly by appointment! ;)

Tidy inside only when parked at home to get away easier. On the road: We have to find a way for us. When we stay for more than one night we tidy befor leaving otherwise try to keep it tidy as possible to leave early in the morning.
Here: Washing day
767d3fca52f9f3d30839602b6d01ce8d.jpeg

How untidy is it ?
Pictures please.

Not too bad at present as I took most things out as it went for a service. Trying to keep it the same as MOT soon. Currently we have heavy rain so can not take pictures. At sites I seam to be continuous taking things in and out, my husband says I take too much.

Mine is an absolute mess.

Back home from a trip, duvet covers off, duvet just flung on back board until covers back on again, towels out, new towels back in but not put away yet, pillows tossed on to back seat, piles of fresh clothes on the floor waiting to be put away, just been to the gym so shoes, gym bag, towel, tossed onto passenger seat ......

might get round to putting it all away tomorrow, off to a birthday party now.... anyone looking in would be mortified at the mess that I apparently live in :shocked

Mine is an absolute mess.

Back home from a trip, duvet covers off, duvet just flung on back board until covers back on again, towels out, new towels back in but not put away yet, pillows tossed on to back seat, piles of fresh clothes on the floor waiting to be put away, just been to the gym so shoes, gym bag, towel, tossed onto passenger seat ......

might get round to putting it all away tomorrow, off to a birthday party now.... anyone looking in would be mortified at the mess that I apparently live in :shocked

Life is for living not tidying.

Mines always tidy as when tidy its easy to keep it tidy and less chance of damaging it. You want to keep what looks new new....:thumb

:shocked:shocked

Comments please.
No excuse. Clean it. Keep it clean and tidy.

Mines always tidy as when tidy its easy to keep it tidy and less chance of damaging it. You want to keep what looks new new....:thumb

I love to be tidy but mine is very multipurpose so not set place for things, see this thread as example.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/california-beech-plus-motorbike.17116/

Where do you keep curtains, coffee mugs, maps, reflective jackets, shopping bags, tissues, screen clearer and widow cleaning tool on long handle, tools for bikes, touch up paint, coolbox to name a few things that are always in there?

I plan to keep my van as long as one of my cars VW (192000miles 18years) so I take care of bodywork although not possible to avoid damage done in car parks.

Now is is almost out of the free servicing I had with it I will get it serviced by a local garage who has looked after my cars. They are very good at spotting any problems. I have it cleaned outside professionally, not a car wash. They do paint touch up for me as well when it is cleaned. I am too short to wash the roof myself. I am planning a valet clean after the summer so it will have to be empty then too.

Last edited:
Where do you keep curtains, coffee mugs, maps, reflective jackets, shopping bags, tissues, screen clearer and widow cleaning tool on long handle, tools for bikes, touch up paint, coolbox to name a few things that are always in there?

In the garage or the cellar at home. When I go away in the van I take a duvet, swimming cossie, dog food and a bottle of whisky and they all fit fine.

But you've now got Mrs VD wanting a "widow cleaning tool"...

Being dyslexic really helps to make things funny, of course I meant window. I often read words wrongly it makes travelling more interesting. I have taken the wrong route, I read 2 town names wrong both starting with E but on opposite sides of the river leaving Rouen.

Yup. Ours is always pretty messy when we're using it and splattered with red wine (why does red wine ALWAYS seem to slosh about - could it possibly be caused by the unsteady hands after the volume of red wine which gets consumed when vanning?!), but I always tidy and clean up when we get home, ready for next outing. Despite everything having its own 'place' we still manage to trash the van when we're out playing. As said above, if it's tidy and clean, it's probably not being used properly!

Wow, your kettle looks like it has seen some action!

It's a very good kettle - it's at least 30 years old and has been in constant use over that time.

I particularly like it for its whistle when boiling.

The large dent was caused by my foot about 25 years ago. At the end of a camping trip to the Long Mynd, Shropshire, I had struggled to get everything packed in the car. Me, wife, 3 smallish children, all the usual camping equipment. I think we had not taken the trailer.

All finished. Boot lid down. And then I found the kettle. I was somewhat irritated and booted it across the field.

But it is much loved and eventually found a place. And lives to this day.

Back