Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dark Wood.....

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
...is the colour i chose for 'my' California on the fleet - the one that wears my number plate - OL11SAR. I ordered it blind without seeing the colour, but it sounded nice and I know how good the toffee brown looked I thought I'd go for it.

It arrived in february and I looked at it at SMg, and to be honest I didnt like the look of it, but after living with it for this last weekend all I can say is I love it. Its black in some lights, aubergine in others and can even look a brown/purply black colour. everyone who has seen it comments on how nice it is. Im really pleased with it. Here are some pictures of it, which show the different colour in different lights :thumb

P1000228_zpsf57f8457.jpg

P1000341_zps4d4d4ee2.jpg

P1000338_zps34025863.jpg

575671_628560580491260_1444854905_n_zps47285420.jpg

Good choice of colour. I too was unsure when I saw ours but not now, its rare and very smart.

From a fellow woodsman :hello

Nottledim said:
Good choice of colour. I too was unsure when I saw ours but not now, its rare and very smart.

From a fellow woodsman :hello

Its stunning isn't it?

Sure is. I will post some pictures eventually but until then yours do the job. :D

Oli - do you find there is much difference in the inside temperatures on a hot day between the dark colours and something like silver? I always assumed the dark colours would soak up the heat and therefore would be better off with a lighter colour. With your fleet, I thought you'd be a good guy to ask!

wilupo7 said:
Oli - do you find there is much difference in the inside temperatures on a hot day between the dark colours and something like silver? I always assumed the dark colours would soak up the heat and therefore would be better off with a lighter colour. With your fleet, I thought you'd be a good guy to ask!

Ive not really noticed, but to be fair when I'm down in Europe in the summer, I find them all boiling inside, I just try and spend as much time outside as possible. But Im sure the temperature inside on the darker one will be higher :thumb

What top cover have you got on the van? Does it attach ok with a roll out awning installed?

Also, sorry for all the questions, what screen cover is that, how much and where do I get one? How do you store it in the van on the move?

Richb

Back